Tuesday, April 02, 2024

Water fights never get too old..

 

April 2, 2924 

Water fights never get too old.. 

 


 

As you can see, I am always up for a water fight.. this picture is of my grandson Uriah, who is now about 30 maybe.. When I gave him the hose… and told him, have at it..  as we had been chasing his younger brother…  he was very hesitant ..  told him.. if he didn’t get me as well, that it was surely not going to stop me from getting him.   .. Over the years we have done it with what ever will hold water.  Hoses, cups, water guns, pitchers.. you name it..  By the way I was in my 70’s at the time..  and I can tell you at the age of just days away from number 84.. I am still not too old.

We lived in a old house in Roslyn Washington.. and my kids every summer had the kitchen floor floating..  well, can’t just say my kids.. as I was in the middle of it.. Their dad, not so much.. he usually headed out the door to the middle of the yard .. out of water range. That was over 50 years ago.

Even goes back 60 years ago, when I had a neighbor who thought he would get me with his hose as he watered his flowers..  only to end up drenched, as I have believed .. never lose and make sure the other guys ends up on the soaked end.

So come summer, don’t think.. sneaking up on me and soaking me..  will turn out good for you.. Even the King has been on the losing end.. as I don’t play fair, he says.. He just sprinkled me..  and drenched him..  

Hope you have fun with your kids and grandkids in old fashion water fights..  We use to have about 8 water guns here, but I think they are out at my daughters now..

4 comments:

Marianne Love said...

Since I never know which day is which as far as yours and Ken's birthdays, I'll just send a generic note filled with wishes for great days of celebration. Hope you are enjoying spring and taking time out to celebrate. Have some great days and some good memories.
Marianne

Word Tosser said...

Thank you Marianne.... he is always first... I follow him.. lol with your family and mine family we pretty much fill up April calender... thanks for the great wishes

Anonymous said...

Well that wouldn’t happen here, unless it was outside. I’m too much of a neat freak that my OCD wouldn’t allow a mess. Lol

Word Tosser said...

Anonymous.. 99% was outside.. lol.. but we had an OLD HOUSE.. so water on the floor was not the worse that could happen... and it was fun... but I understand how you feel..