Monday, April 29, 2024

Winging it and pissed off

 Recently Microsoft did some changes..  I get messages all the time.. When I go to close down, it will say new updates..  I try to ignore them.. but they will go ahead and do it sometimes when the computer is idle. 

Well the one they did last week.. changed so much..  I am guessing it is the Micro Word ... it has loused up my letter writing area.. which is Word..  it has also messed with my photos..  so I can't crop or lighten up a picture that is too dark.   It also won't let me open up ANY thing that I used for Word.  Meaning doc. address lists.. and etc..    Oh, I can update and BUY A NEW MICROSOFT 395 or what ever.. AT a monthly cost or a yearly $90+ ...  they offer all kinds of stuff.. that I can't understand, never mind use.. All I want to do is use the word part to write letters...  work on my blog so I can copy paste and put it here on Monday mornings. 

At first it would not let me make any changes to my address and phone number list... Now it won't open it at all.   Now I wished I had printed it out..  as I have added quite a few since the last time I did it. 

And as for my blog..  well, what you see is me winging it... and hoping that the screen doesn't disappear on me before I get it down.   I used word to save after each paragraph, just in case.   So this is going to be winging it for a while..  And they can't mess with this as far as I know.. as it is Google . 


DID I EVER SAY I HATE COMPUTERS!!!   Computers are fun when they work...  and my son told me about 25 years ago.. MOM, IT IS JUST A TOY...  (they were at that time.. people were doing things the old fashion way.. typewriters.   But this time... I don't know what I am going to do, because this is not necessarily a computer break down..  so don't think taking it to the shop will help..  I need a programmer I think..  So going to see if my granddaughter will be able to help me..   It isn't that I hate the thought of paying to update.. But to pay for so much extra  that I won't use or understand..  Seem there should be an old lady issue.   lol..  So if I disappear off of this thing..  It isn't because I died.. it will because Microsaft has done in an old lady's computer..   

No comments: