Monday, April 22, 2024

54 years ago….

54 years ago…. 

54 years ago, I was heading to the hospital at 5am. Husband called his friend and business partner and said.. you are going to have to take the truck load in today.. I am heading to the hospital.. Which was 25 miles away.. 

This was not my first rodeo. Been here 6 other times..  But I did make sure it was my last.. See we decided 8 was enough.. and actually between the two of us.. it was going to be #14.

They put a thingie on my wrist and the other side of it fit over my nose and mouth..  it was for loosing up the pain level. The Dr. showed up and said he was going to take a nap, as it looks like a while..   The nurses waited a bit.. then took the gadget away because I was having too much fun..  And then .. SHE decided she was tired of being bound up for 9 months and decided to make a quick entrance to the world..  The Dr. ran..but it was the nurse who caught her..  HELLO BABY GIRL.. this was before you got to see what sex your baby is going to be.  At least in our area.. 

What I did not know is that they decided that date.. was going to be a holiday… Named….EARTH DAY.

So I always know how long we have celebrated Earth Day.. just by the age of my daughter.. who tells people she is older than dirt..

SO… HAPPY BIRTHDAY … J.C.. looking forward to spending the day with you…  Love you forever and a day..

No comments: