Tuesday, August 20, 2024

The days are cooling… and much work to do

The days are cooling…  and much work to do

As the weather starts to cool off..  it is a reminder that fall and winter is coming.  Which for me that means more yard work..  Clean up for the last time.. put all  the yard art away..  Some of which is showing its age. 

So will be taking a tote AND the garbage can with me..  as I go around the yard..  As I get older, the less I get in to getting out stuff.. and looking at it and seeing how bad it is.

My memorial garden definably needs to be downsized.   With the cutting in half a tree we have there, and using what is left for hanging things..  I know it is a matter of time before the tree is going to die.  I told the King last year, to cut it down.. Instead he cut it in half.  He said.. well, there were leaves there.. So I saved it for you..   If you have seen my yard pictures in the Spring, You saw the half tree..  It has its trunk, and off to the right is one arm reaching for the sky..  It is pathetic.  Yet I used it for hanging different chimes and hanging yard art..   (I have no shame.. lol) .  it was so bad at the end.. I felt like it was Christmas time and I was throwing tinsel… lol..  So this year.. in the next month..  garbage can will be placed at the end of the tree.. and it will be half full.   I think I will fill up a tote of yard art and let some one else have fun with it. 

It would be nice to next year..  only have one days worth of yard art to put out.. and I think I will go solar lights instead..  But I know there will still be a few old ones.. that I will probably keep.. the ugly birds..  one of them is a sitting gangly flamingo.. he is kind of a favorite..  lol.   

 

 

No comments: