Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Some days are more trying.. than others..

Some days are more trying.. than others..

I have had to deal with insurance companies..  both about our truck but also health insurances..  And even other companies.  All dealing with the world as it is… and I am soooooooo left behind.   Over all, I am glad to be of the old system..  But once in a while.. it crashes into the NOW of today’s…   99% of that is to deal with internet, computers and such..  I have mention we don’t have smart phones.  I tried that.. failed.. I own that..  it was way over my head and the machine knew more about me.. than I knew about me.  And when it could listen to our household… that was the deal breaker.

But the rest of the world is running with it like a dog with a bone. And it is getting worse.  There is AI .. which I understand about 10% of that.  I look at it with fear, because it can copy voices, make its own pictures..  without the owner of the computers or their voices and permission.  Truth is getting to be a lost art.

It seems like it is everywhere.. Grocery stores ads… there is the square.. just click this on your phone.. or what ever..  and you will get the  buys that are cheaper ..  What about those of us who don’t have smart phones..  Some elderly don’t even have cell phone… Yes there are a few out there..  We are being left behind…

Click on the square..  or what ever they call it…   click on it to give your money to your church,  click on it to pay for your food at the fast food place, click on it to get you plane ticket…  oops they don’t do tickets anymore.. 

There is texting.. you ever try texting with a flip phone??? Where you have to hit each button until you get the letter you need?  And then when they text.. they say.. click on this blue line of letters and numbers..  Our flip phones are not connect to internet..  we can’t  click on anything..  So we are out of the line…  I don’t do text  unless it takes 3 or less words.

Yes, the world is flying by us..  thank God for granddaughters and my kids.. who have help me out soooooooooo many times.

 

No comments: