Thursday, May 28, 2009

For my health???

I mention that my daughter gave us for Christmas
a Wii. It came with a sports DVD. And we had a blast
playing bowling, tennis and golf. And some baseball.
We still play off and on. With the weather nicer and
daylight savings we don't play as much.

I, then bought myself the Wii Fit. And I have been
working out with that, for about 5 months. I have been
doing each day except for the day I work and Sunday.
So 5 days a week. While I haven't lost any weight, I
gave gain a lot of my balance. It has Yoga, Strengthen,
Acrobatics and then some balance games. Skiing, jump
skiing, several other balance games. All fun. It last about
50 minutes for me to go thru the whole thing. Well, the
ones I can do. As I don't do well with standing on one foot
and lifting the other one in front or back. I have tried them
but only about 6 times. Even as a kid, my ankles were weak.

Then for my birthday, my daughter got me another game
for the Wii. It takes a pad and you jump, switch feet, (kind
of like the old game that you put your feet on different colors
from the 1970's) and then you run on a track on the screen,
or you are in a cave in a cart on a track and jumping logs
and stuff. I have played it 4 or 5 times.

Then this weekend she brings over the newest one called,
Active personal trainer. I started that one on Tuesday.
It has Bob Green from Oprah, and there is two types of
exercise. There is the one where you can built your own
exercise, and there is the 30 day training. I chose the
30 day training. Figured maybe if I am accountable, I will
work harder and maybe, just maybe I can lose weight.

I started Tuesday, and the running about killed me. The
rest was doable. Work the daily lights out of me, but
doable. The running part, it tells me I am too slow. So
step it up. On Wed. it was different exercises but still
the running. I am telling you, that after both days, I was
so sweaty I had to head to the showers. And I have
muscles that ache that I didn't know I had.

My daughter called last night to see how I was doing.
I told her(before I even said hello), "you do know that
you are not my beneficiary, right?" That the King is. lol
She said, "that bad, huh?" She does the hard one, I am
doing the easy one. Easy by their standards, not mine.
She is 30 years younger than me.
But today, I burnt off 173 calories and got two trophies
and a Gold medal. Yesterday only a Bronze.

Who knows, I might lose weight if it doesn't kill me, first.

3 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Visions of you slumped over the Wii fit board lmfao...... you be careful girl you aint no spring chicken lol

x

Mari Meehan said...

173 calories! That doesn't cover a meal! Lol!

Word Tosser said...

I know but it is a start. lol