Tuesday, May 19, 2009

JeanieS did a story on parts and how her Mechanic guy had her getting parts and helping
with parts for a vehicle he was restoring.... I could sympathize with her, as my husband as
has a restored project going on.. for years... She also said she almost slipped and said her
garage, but she doesn't have one, as it is full of her guys... parts and etc. So this is how I
answered her story.


Ah, Jeannie, don't hold your breathe… we have been a proud owner of a 1947 Ford pick up. It came with a faded yellow paint job. It sat in a friends garage for 3 years. It has sat in our garage, and been torn into pieces, for 7 years. The box is up against the garage wall, the cab is across the garage wrapped like a baby in a blanket, it is finally…finally painted. The fenders are upstairs in the garage. I don't know where the bumpers are, I suspect they are under the platform that the cab is on. And the flat head engine is swing on a chain from the ceiling. The trannie is on the floor in the corner. And the frame is outside of the garage. And I am still waiting. And every year we have the Lost in the 50's, I tell him, next year, I want the truck in the parade. This year, I told him, I want the blanking truck done, I didn't want to have to ride in the parade Grandma Clampett style in my wheelchair in the back of it, with my grandson waving my hand for me… So don't hold your breathe, but threaten him with bodily harm if he doesn't get it done before you are wheel chair or walker bound.

Oh, I had a garage... we have a small one car garage that came with the house. Then he built a 24x30 big garage for him, kept telling me when he got HIS garage, I could have the dumpy one. Made all kinds of reference about the dumpy garage that belong to Cis.... THEN the big garage was done, I could hardly wait for my garage to be empty, I had all kinds of plans. One which was parking my car in it during the winter and not have frosty windows. I waited 3 months.. things were moving awful slow. Then they stopped after 6 months. I thought what happen, didn't seem like much was moving. Then came the bad news... HIS garage was the mechanic garage.. the dumpy garage was for wood work. Work to be done on the house. (oh, don't even start me on that one). I told him, NO WAY... he promised me my garage. Well, he went out of town 2 years later for some classes for a week. It took me 4 days with the help of my grandson, and 18 wagon loads that went to HIS garage, and stacked in a row..8 feet long and 3 feet tall... before I got my garage cleaned out. I actually had a FLOOR... I re arranged things in MY garage. The look on his face when he open his garage... was too funny. I got to park my car in the garage two winters in a row... but in the summer he uses it as a catch all. As I protest, he tells me, he will move it tomorrow... you know tomorrow never comes, because it becomes today.... so every fall, I clean it out again..

No comments: