Monday, May 04, 2009

Twitter... not my game

Being I am a senior citizen so not up
on the latest of all electronics, you will
understand if it sounds like I don't know
what I am talking about.

I do not Blackberry, Twitter or iPod, nor do I
own any of these, and to be honest they
are over my head. I don't know how many of
my children do this, but I am sure there are
lots of my grandchildren who do some, if not
all of them.

The part that baffles me the most is the Twitter.
The information that goes flying over the air ways,
so to speak ( that too dates me) blows my mind.
It goes to everyone.

From what they are doing now, to what they plan on
doing. or what they have already done.

Now this is not a thing of, they are wrong and I am
right. Or even the opposite of that... it is, that is the
way they do things, and it isn't the way I do things.

The most public thing I do, is this blog. And while
some could argue that there is more lack of privacy
on here than what I am talking about, they could
be right. Especially when they see tomorrow's post
and also read the past posts. But I think this blog
mostly deals with funny things of my past. And rarely
a mention of my children or grandchildren and not
by name.

But, darn, I didn't even tell such things to my friends
over a telephone, not even as a kid or a teen. Then
again that might be laughable, as I had to have
permission to talk on the phone when I lived at
home, and the phone was where my parents could
and would listen to my conversations, so I didn't dare
to say things.

I guess my thing is, I am more private than those of
today. Be it Twitter or Face book and etc. Also it
scares me with id thief in mind. I erased some off
my Face book because I found it was on different
search sites. Small info that I had posted there.
I join Face book so I could see pictures that my
children have on theirs. With dial up, it takes
forever to download them.

I don't know...it could just come back and bite them
in the future.

2 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

People who Twitter need to get a life! We bloggers are bad enough!

Tincanman said...

I'm in that same boat with you. I don't Twitter but I do blog. One of the things about Twitter that gets me (if I understand Twitter) is that it limits the ability to effectively and accurately communicate. 140 characters is all it allows. Just not comfortable with a system that is so limiting. Also, someone told me that you can be charged for posting on Twitter. Not sure how that works.