Thursday, April 02, 2020

Ah, April .. so good to see you…



Ah, April .. so good to see you…
                                      
I didn’t do a post yesterday, with it being April 1st.. I think the virus has done us in for jokes on each other…

So what projects have you come up with for your time in the house?  I got some old yard art, so I have been working on that..  I took the Zebra out on a newspaper and painted it.. it started to rain half way thru.. Decided, oh, well..  can’t harm it.. so I finish the white paint on it… and it did dry well later..  Then the next day I put in the black lines.. came out pretty good..  Yesterday, I did duck..  They were in rough shape.. I sanded them down last week.. and yesterday took them outside and painted the yellow back on.  Hours later when they were dry, I painted on the orange beaks and feet.. The paint was horrible. It either put in streaks, or when I used more paint.. it started to lump… Did the best I could.. and this morning they don’t look bad at all..  So they are going to be heading into the flower bed garden, that looks bare right now..   Next up is the raccoons.. They won’t be as bad .. just need to touch up the eyes and feet.  After that is the wolf and babies.. that will involve more.














The rest of the time.. it has been games..  Yahtzee as I mention before… until I could feel the rattle in my brain from the dice.  Ha ha..  Then I decided to get another game out we had not played  for a while.. called Pegs and Jokers.. It is not as much fun with 2, but doable..I could hold my own on that one.. For those not familiar with the game, it is very much like Sorry that we played as kids… just a few rule changes.. little more vicious. After a couple days of that.. I found a game I had bought at a yard sale..  It is Sandpoint Monopoly, just like the one we played as kids, except is all businesses in the town of Sandpoint, Idaho, which is just 2 miles away from us.   Well, the King took off on that.. he was like Trump on steroids.  Along with the laughter of joy, as he bought everything he landed on and started to charge rent.  I was not landing on that much of the buy able ones.. and if I did I got the small cheap ones… Then he started putting on houses.. Now my money is started to get less and less.. as I got sent several times to the animal shelter (equal to going to Jail) go directly to .. and no money as you pass Go..  So no $200…while he is getting the payable chances… for winning a beauty contest.. and etc.. Well, you see the pattern..  Then he went to hotels..  And trying to buy what I had.. NO WAY… did offer to given him one, that he had two for… IF I GOT FREE RENT…Oh, no no… I told him I needed one safe corner as he was gathering the rest.. NOPE, NO WAY.. So it was NOPE NO way to his offers.. I ended up mortgaging a lot of my property…to pay his hotels rent..  Finally mortgage the one he wanted… but .. then I was broke and the END OF THE GAME.. YAHOO… He sat there like a mad man.. counting all of his money… ha ha.. But you should have seen his face when he was on the phone telling his brother about his money and the game…..and I SAID…… I GAVE THE GAME TO GOODWILL… ha-ha.. oh it was precious.. HA-HA and no I didn’t.  SO HELLO APRIL.. please oh please bring me warm weather so I can go outside.

No comments: