Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Downsizing…. Again…

Downsizing…. Again…

 

Working on my junk.. or good stuff, depending which day you catch me.  Today it was stuff… not good nor bad.. just too much stuff.  Reminding me of George Carlin’s routine..

 

So today it was the book case AND my sock drawer.. My sock drawer got it, as I was having trouble closing it..  and I asked myself, just how many socks do you need?  So dumped it out on the bed.. and 97% went back in, but the drawer closes better.  Still I think as I look at it.. how many do I really need?

 

Next up was the book shelf. I have had soooooooooooo many books,  I use to have a 6 foot wide, 8 and half foot tall, 12 shelf book case.  Over the years I down sized a lot of it.. gave the book case away years ago… I use to have 4 or 5 shelves of just cook books, got rid of them last year.. down to about 8. … then I still had two shelves of health books.  Some tech from my nursing aide classes and etc.  Today 6 more are going to be hitting the road to Goodwill.  Also got rid of about 4 how to fix stuff.. from washers and dryers to anything else you have in your house… I also have gotten rid of about 7 garden books.  Those are going to a friend first.

 

See the health books were over 30 years old.  The garden books are at least 20 if not more..  And the how to fix everything books are over 20 years old….   And you can go on line and look up anything. The how to fix it even has videos of how to do it.  You have to be careful of what you read on line health wise.. but there are several good ones..  And gardening there are thousands of sites for those… 

 

Kind felt bad letting the books go, I have been huge on books.. Nothing like opening a real book and reading.. put it down for a bit and open it again..  But I am reading less… I do have a small book case of favorite books that I can’t let go.. like my Patrick McManus and several others.  Then I have a taller one but that has bibles and photograph albums…  I know I know.. I could put them on a stick or what ever on the computer, but computers crash and albums never do.  I have shared a lot of my photos with the kids..

 

So anyway, there is that area downsized.. I have many areas to go, and the worse one is my file cabinet..  I should have done that years ago.. did attempt it once.. But I hate that..

 

 

No comments: