Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Sharpening up my skills or be more alert, stupid

Sharpening up my skills or be more alert, stupid

 

Like a lot of people, we have ordered online different items, in Dec. especially.  I try to always be alert to all of the ad.. I normally don’t buy unless it is on Amazon. I feel somewhat protected there.

Also if I can pay by Paypal.. I feel somewhat secured.

But in December I broke those rules and got stung. I had looked the ad over really well.. yet some how somewhere there is something that slipped by.  I had ended up ordering something for the pain in my hip. Suppose to have many reviews of how good it worked..AND  (and really this is my first red flag I did not pay attention enough to)

I looked that site over and over..  to see if it was one of those scams of buy one bottle and they put you on the list for ever with your credit card you used.. It was not there. In fact it was advertised as a sample FOR FREE..  ( I know.. I should have ran like a rabbit out of there.. second red flag)  Well, I decided if it did not have a recurring monthly sending and charging.. it should be ok. After all .. all I had to agree to was to pay the $6.95 for shipping.  It did come.. and I did try it.. it did not work.. tried for 3 days. NOTHING.. so gave it to my grandson to try..  he got nothing, so he tossed it in the garbage at my request.  WELL…. SURPRISE SURPRISE…. I got my credit card and found charges on my card for $118.88 .. and then there was another one for $85. two different names.. two different states and neither of these names were the names of the pills company that I ordered from. So I had sent them emails and asked WHO THE HELL ARE YOU.. you charged my credit card… I don’t know who you are and why..but refund my money…  AND that I was contacting the credit card for a fraud alert.  Which I did.. The credit card people were great.  And closed the account for me.. and are sending me a new one.

The next day I get a email from the company I originally knew and telling me that there was a little thing on the site.. seems when I click on to pay the $6.95 for shipping. I was agreeing to pay $118.88 unless I sent it back to them in 17 days.  And somewhere there was another charge for the $85.  According to them, they sent oil.. (that was the 118.88 ) and pills… for the $85.  I never got the oil.. told the guy that.. I was pissed … and I let him know what a sham it was.. There was no oil and only pills and THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO BE FREE…. FREE SAMPLES… He said he was closing the account so I would not be charge anymore.. DUH, DO YOU THINK?  But nothing about refunds..  So I called the credit union, who once again were great. They said they would challenge the oil charge.. and also they were going after the pill charge as well, as they had falsely stated it in the ad.  So we shall see.

 

Then I go get my mail today.. and there was a bag.. from them!!! I told the postmistress to send back to sender.. asap..  like NOW.. that it was a scam.  So she did .. marked it return to sender and sent the scanner over it as refused.

 

The phase .. no fool like an old fool came across my mind.  Oh, there is one more.. but this one was pretty much ok, just not what I expected.   I ordered one of those metal drums..  it makes really cool sounds… soft bass like sounds with higher pitch too.  It is soothing to the soul..  Maybe bring out the hippie in me, that I didn’t get to do as a 20 year old…  Like I said.. I am happy with it, just not what I thought it would be..  So when I opened it.. I started to laugh… I ordered the drum, thinking it was dinner plate size.. You should have  seen the look on my face as I open the box.. It is plate size alright.. lol… SALAD PLATE SIZE…  BUT… I like it.. It is a cool feeling to play it.. and play it I do.. not well. But  that is going to take work.. a lot of work, as this girl has no rhyme at all. Lol  Even the King like to play around with it, after he got finish laughing at me..

 

So the word to the wise is.. if you order on line.. Make sure you know the company… read as much review you can.. look at everything you agree to.. right up to the point of where you hit place order.. because somewhere there could be a sleigh of the hand. I thought I did.. but I sure missed something;

 

No comments: