Monday, January 18, 2021

Tuning in my hippie side…..

Tuning in my hippie side…..

 

When there was the hippie movement… in the 1960’s and etc. I couldn’t join in..  in fact for a while I didn’t even know there was a hippie movement..  See I was too busy, changing diapers.. So the news and etc. wasn’t high on my priority list.

 

My days tend to amount to .. rise up early, help my husband get ready for work, and if I was lucky the kids slept in, until he left at 0 zero hour…  maybe because it was dark .. at least in the winter, they would sleep later.

But at the crack of dawn, they would be up and running. I would be having children every 2 years (some slightly less), so it was a constant run of diapers for about 10 years.  With having 8 children in those 10 years.  Finally having kind of a break by 1973, when the last one was finally potty broke, and older ones in school.. I had a slow down. Still at full bore, as there were husbands to get off work, with kids to get off to the bus stop… then a lull and all back at a full run in 6 hours later.  Throwing in housework, and entertainment for smaller kids.

 

So if I got a chance to see the news…which was usually dinner time. And we didn’t do tv at dinner time… I got to see the flower children, placing flowers in the barrels of guns and etc. 

I wasn’t complete in the dark, as I did have the radio on, listen to music as I did housework, when the announcement of Nov 1963 killing of Kennedy, and turning on the tv to watch in horror. The Kent shootings and etc..  But reality threw those under the bus, with a yelling or fighting kid.

 

So a couple of months ago, I saw a ad of interest.. As it spike my interest,  and I saw that a friend of mine’s mother got one.  Saw the ad again.. with a video.. and the sound of it all…. I thought… I really know I need this..  I don’t want it… I need it.. So I ordered it. 

But I did it with an online ad, not a Amazon ad.  I seem to have some feeling of protection ordering from Amazon.. But I was bummed when I got the confirm notice and then the shipping notice, that it was coming from …….CHINA….. I tend to shy away from such ordering. With Trump and his fight with China, and the fact it is coming from over seas,  means it will take forever. So when they gave me the tracking number.. I saw it was from China.. my heart sank.  But all ended up well.  As after a month and almost a half.. IT ARRIVED…  YEA!!!




While tuning into my inner self of a hippie, it dawn on me… THIS GIRL IS TONE DEAF… AND HAS NO RYTHYME.. lol..  BUT … I am having fun with it.. I almost.. I said,  ALMOST, made a little tune of it the other day.. ALMOST..  but I do love the tone of it… it is a calming and soothing sound. 

 

Who knows, maybe I would have made a good hippie after all. Lol.. but need to get a long skirt and grow my hair back… lol..

No comments: