Monday, March 14, 2022

Do you carry or wear a purse?

Do you carry or wear a purse?

By wearing, I mean do you have one of the bigger purses, but I guess actually there are small ones… that have a strap that goes over your shoulder…   the other you hold in your hand all the time.

Those of you over the age of 60, and 70 .. I know you had all kinds of purses.  And depending on whether you had kids ..if you had it filled with everything to keep your kid quiet as well, as fix anything that could go wrong.

There are the others, who have tiny hammers, screwdrivers, sewing kit, paper, pen, nails, fingernail polish and etc.. I know that.. because I was one of those.

I have a clutch purse that has sat in my closet for 20 ..30 or more years.. Used it maybe twice.  I should get rid of it. It is where I went to a wedding and wanted to class it up a bit.

The purse I had when I was single, and then married with children. Has been of many sizes and of course,  colors.  As a single, it had boxy types, with some of them being hard plastic that look more like a suitcase.  In that I had varies things. Mostly to do with lipstick, nail polish, and remover and etc..  As I added children.. they became almost backpack size. With everything you can imagine. 

The said little hammer, several types of screw drivers, small pair of pliers, nails and screws…..candy bars, crackers and gum (for quieting said child) note books, and pens.. oh, gosh pens…  because they would enter the purse never to be seen again…. Until you tipped it upside down.  

Now come on.. you know what I mean..  How many men who have been near you, when you started to empty your purse?  With the start of taking things out and about half way thru, not finding what you are looking for, so then you just dumping upside down..  And the man standing there is with a gapping mouth or a face of horror, as he sees things still coming out moments later… In disbelief of what all is now on the table.. and then… then.. when you finally have found the item of interest, you pile all that back into the purse.

Nothing strikes terror in the face of a husband, when he is asked by his wife, to get something out of the purse.  Or when his wife says, well, it is in my purse, will leave saying…forget it.. I will find another..

Those women on a show, showing the prize of purses on a game show, or even ones walking down the street with all their makeup…. They would never understand.  Young mothers have diaper bags .. (they didn’t have those in our days) and then a good size purse .. depending on how many kids she has…

Men don’t get it.. and those men who started wearing over their shoulder bags.. what a JOKE!!!

What do I carry now? NOTHING.. NOPE NOTHING.. but I have POCKETS.. my vest have pockets.. my jackets have POCKETS.. with zippers…  but don’t carry what I use to. No more kids.. we are up to great grands, so no extras.. that is for mom..  I won’t buy pants with out POCKETS.   

 

 

 

No comments: