Monday, September 26, 2022

MEET FROSTY….

MEET FROSTY….

We lost our Misty girl in April of 2020…  It about wiped us out emotionally…  Took a long time not to cry when seeing her pictures..

I, for one, had decided not to do that again.. For one thing was the emotional part, but also with our age.. hate to leave behind a dog for the family to deal with.. 

But the King had decided a couple of months ago, that he would like to get another Doxie..   So we notified the breeder that we got Misty from.  Told her we didn’t want to puppy this time..  an older one.. maybe one of her retired show girls..  Well, as it happen she had one.. but she wanted one more litter out of her before they let her go.    In June,  she had her pups and we were on notice that in 8 weeks she would be available. 

We had a wedding to go to..  so asked if we could do it the second week of September… and she said yes.. 

We got home from the wedding and started replacing all the things we got rid of with Misty…   And then … we got the call that it could be this past weekend..

Sure enough, her husband made arrangements to bring her by on Saturday.  

So far she has warmed up to me …. Kind of..  she won’t come to me.. nor the King, so the back yard is out… until she does.. so it is lease time until then..    I stupidity did let her go .. to scout out the yard about 2 hours after the man left..  boy, that was a mistake..  we finally got her corralled so I could get her..  

I put a collar on her..  and take her out with lease.. she does pretty well on it..  already did the circle the human around the legs bit.. 

When I sit on the couch, she will come over and sit with me..  will stay as long as I do.. but if I get up, then she wants to go find a hiding place.   Once in a while she will come to let me to put her on the chair with me.. and lay down as long as I am there.    She came to the King once… he has taken her to the chair to sit with him a couple of times.  

So it will take some time for her to get use to us.. and once she will come to us when we call her, she will get free rein for the back yard that is fenced and gaited. 

So meet FROSTY… a 4 year old ex show girl..  she is long haired and a mini..




update.. found out she wasn't a ex show girl. BUT produced several show pups..  

No comments: