Wednesday, June 06, 2012

New Bike, Old Legs...



I got this new sweet ride
for this summer.
It is the old fashion type
that I love. It
has feet brakes, and not
hand brakes.
It only has one speed.. what
ever my legs can handle.

So I took it out for a spin.
And found out two things.
One is that, some flat roads
look flat but are uphill, even
if it is only slightly. Two,
boy am I out of shape. After the
ride around a couple of
blocks.. well, my legs weren't
exactly shaking, but they
were close to it.

Then I put Misty in my
basket. As you can see, she is
NOT AMUSED... more of a look
of.. "seriously, you don't
think I am going to sit in
this and ride with you, do you?"
I did put her in the basket
and gather up the top near her
neck. And took a spin around
the block. She did ok, but
wasn't thrilled about it. So
don't know how this is going
to go.

She has taken up hiding
under the bed, when I get her
jacket out. Because that
means we are going to walk up
to the post office instead
of ride. She use to love to walk
up there, so she could check
out the smells of the neighborhood.
but this year she doesn't
seem too fond of it. Hence, that is
why the hiding under the
bed. I am wondering if that will
be her reaction to riding up
in the basket.

Some how neither of those
compare to the ride back from
the post office in the car,
with window down and wind blowing
her ears back.

1 comment:

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I never liked the other kind of bike and bought a purple one like you have (no fenders, which I miss) when we were in Arizona, about 12 years ago. It has the big tires (not spiffy like yours) and nice whide seat and the brake is in the pedal. I think these are making a comeback. Good for you!!