Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Enough is enough, I am out...

warning... this is very long.. so it will serve for Wednesday and
Thursday's post......

I am going to draft up a email to my friends.. my highly
political friends.. and some of them will be so mad, they
probably won't want to be my friend anymore. Already had one before
the2008 election tell me if I was voting for Obama, that I
needed to stay home and not vote at all.. I had no right to vote.
After knowing this woman for about 10 years, I guess I
had to admit, I didn't know her at all, and she sure didn't know
me. We haven't talked or email since. Sad..

But I have had it. We haven't even gotten into the election real
serious yet.. and already I am getting hateful emails. Some of
them, the person sending me, didn't even research it to see if it was
lies. I am tired of being the researcher for other who want to send
hateful stuff. So I am calling a stop to it all for at least a year. Yes,
a whole year. Because I don't even want to hear it after Nov.

Mitt is a sorry excuse for a Presidential candidate. "I don't worry
about the poor people, they have a safety net" Sorry Mitt but I
haven't seen that safety net for all poor people. "I can't
worry about that, (it was a question of national concern that the reporter
asked) I have a campaign to run here, I can't be bothered with that".
I saw him actually say those words. He cozy's up with the NRA, yet
as Governor of the most gun restricting state of the nation, he did
nothing to change things.. in fact he sign into law, a ban on certain
guns. Which personally I was glad he did, but the NRA, protested it
it venomly, at the time. So why do they think he will stand up for them
now? There are other things about Mitt, that he just isn't it for me.
Even a lot of my Republican friends don't like him, but will support
him because they rather do a bad Republican than a good man. And
if Mitt is the only offer the Republicans have.. well they are in sad place.
And we who vote down the middle... leaves wanting.

Obama, they say he hasn't lived up to all of his promises. And there
are a few that he didn't... like line voting instead of the piggyback bills.
transparent government, get rid of lobbyist... just for a few things he
didn't do.

But he did do a lot of things he said he would try to do. One
of course is the Healthcare bill that the Clinton's tried to get something
like it passed. While there is a few things there, I don't agree, there is a
lot I do agree with it. The worse one would be the mandatory or you will
be fined. If you can't afford insurance, how are you going to pay a fine?
Some of it, I thought should have been put in force right away, before
the insurance companies could raise their premiums like they
have.
The good is that everyone who was sick before can get insurance. Adult
children can be put under their parents insurance until they are 26 is good.

He said he would get out of Iraq, and he is doing that.. (he did not say he
would get out of all the places, like the Republican try to tell us. I listen to
him say Iraq. They didn't listen. But he is trying to get out of Afghanistan.

He said he would step up to the plate for the gay people, he has. Maybe not
as much as they would like.. but he did step up.

He tried to get a handle on the economy. Which was a lot worse than
he knew before he got elected. I wonder what McCain would
have done differently? Of course, Obama had one strike when he
went in with the Republican party congress. I thought when it
was evenly divided with a couple of Independent
we might have a Congress that would work for the country. That was a joke.
When you have one party whose only purpose is to work against the President, even stating such on
television..(I don't care which party is in) and that is all they can talk
about. Then that is when those Congressmen should be given the door. You are
NOT there to serve your party.. you are there to serve the country.. But why
did I think that might be? The Congress has gotten worse with each election.

So I give up.. You see I think Mr. Romney and Mr. Obama are two pretty decent men. I don't believe either one of them would try to do harm to the Country. If they can leave their parties behind, they might even do good. So I have gotten
to the point of Brett from Gone with the Wind... quite frankly, I don't give a damn.

I still think the President is pretty powerless. It is Congress that gets us into
so much trouble. It is Congress who screws us over and over, while not biding
by the same rules we have to live by. Who ever gave them full power over
Congress is beyond me. What other job can you vote yourself a raise.. and even
set it up, if Congress isn't in session, it is an automatic raise. Who else can vote
themselves their own bennies, yet they can cut ours?

What I wish we could know before they get voted in.. who are they going to have in their cabinet? While Clinton turn out to be far better than I thought she would, there are others I didn't like..

But what I would like, and what is.. is two different things.. and I have lived long enough (maybe too long) to know what I do or say, isn't going to mean anything at all. I vote for my own justification. I vote so I have bitching rights. So i will vote
in Nov. I just don't want to hear all the b.s. in between now and then.

I have a wonderful summer coming up. Today was great with sunshine. I much
rather spend it worrying about my tomatoes coming ripe, my cabbage growing with out worms. Can I get the fence up this summer? How many bags of rocks
do I need to finish off my garden project? I want to bask in the sun with my cup
of coffee or my glass of ice coffee (it is a New England thing). I sure don't want to
waste it on the garage that the powerful millionaires waste their money on for ads.

So no more news about election, tv's can be turn off or channels changed.
No more hateful emails to me please. Because.. I. DON'T. CARE. ANYMORE.
Got better things to do with my time. When you get to be 72.. time
is precious. And I am spending mine doing what pleases me.

And if you decide to leave hateful comments here.. know I will delete them.



1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

Go girlfriend! Nastygrams don't fly at my blog either. Fortunately, I have moderation enabled so most GOP types have pretty much decided they have no forum at my place.

I applaud you.