Wednesday, August 07, 2019

I have a vision….


I have a vision….

The King and I have been working on our place this year. The usual maintenance that homeowners go thru 12 months a year.
Dividing it up in to different projects…  And as always one goes thru, like us, by the money.. Meaning.. no money, no project. Or little money,  small project, or partials of one..

One of such is, a much over due repainting of the little garage. It is one of those one stall little old garages.   One side has clematis grown over it for some time.. Some 20+ years.. others 2 years old. But the south side is a mess.  

This is the year to take care of at least one outside wall and the trim. This is all affordable, because we have left over paint from the house.  The trim was easy peasy…  Then came the south outside wall… 

The King can only do so much on a ladder, due to his knee surgery.  So I volunteered…   He showed me how to use the power washer he was using… And then I scrapped.. and then power washed again.. And 3 days later.. I got it done..  Not bad for a 79+ old broad.



But as I was looking at this large vast area…. Framed by trim, I had a dream…. A vision so to speak… What if we did a mural instead…  Now I had two ways to approach this..
1.   tell the vision to the King and enlist his help.
2.    wait until after he leaves for Alaska with his friends and do it myself….Which I have done many projects that way.. and they have a 50/50% of coming out well.  Some of you have read about them in the past. 

So gently, I approached the subject as he was looking at how far I had come… I told him… you know this is a beautiful area and it would make a great mural… if we were to think about that..  He gave me a strange look…  so I told him (as he didn't say HELL NO)… we could do one with elk in it.. (that always catches his attention)… I said.. what do you think.. we paint the top blue for sky, and then bottom half green for grass….  And after that dries, we can add hills and mountains.. maybe some clouds.. and then a creek… and elk in the meadow…
SILENCE…  then he said.. you know.. that might be nice.. yea, I can see that…IT IS HARD TO DO A HAPPY DANCE ON A LADDER!!!!

So after 3 days of scrapping and getting 98% of the old paint off, We took the blue paint we had… and we did the sky… meaning blue down half way…. The next day, we invested in grass green.. and now we have the bottom half green… And that is where we are now.

The next investment is forest green to put in the hills. And we get to see our own hills  out our window….so we have a model to aim for…  Up after that, is the creek coming down half way across… making a small waterfall… and then across the rest of the wall…  After that, maybe.. not sure.. but some grey for mountain peaks…  Then we are going to let it rest.. As we think over what we really want where.. Trees of course.. and of course the elk..  but got to figure out portion size of elk.. Will enlist our daughter as she does great paintings…But we figured we could do that next year..  At least get the background done this year.  
Because we will run out of time.. Hunting season is coming.. lol..And of course the Alaska fishing trip is only 2 weeks away.
So that is my vision…


No comments: