Tuesday, August 27, 2019

What do you collect?


What do you collect?

In the past I use to collect lighthouses.. anything.
I had a few things.. towels.. shower curtains, and such.

THEN… people started giving me lighthouse everything.
Mats, pictures, a lighthouse that makes a foghorn sound with
Seagulls going around the top and squawking…
napkin holders, rugs, pot holders and etc.. You get the
picture.. 

For a while it was music boxes.. it has to be unusual.
I had a donkey one, that played Clemtime.. I had the Tennessee Waltz  and a few other unusual tunes..
I HATED …… IT IS A SMALL WORLD…
Then I gave some away, but I still have a few. I get them down (they are up on a really high shelf in the back room)
And play them… Thought of giving them to some charity to auction off or just sell for them..  But so far I haven’t been
able to let them go.. the last 8.. I have a beat up baby doll, and a clown with a broken nose.. Tried to make one for him, out of clay, but that didn’t work.. And yes, he plays … Send in the Clowns. …

My son use to collect teddy bears… he ended up with at least 20 of them.. Just before we left R.I. he came up with a idea… why not give them to the hospital for kids, who are scared…. So we washed them all… and took them down there.. They accepted them..and told him thank you for giving up his teddy bears for kids.. He was 13…  Then found out just before we left…. The hospital threw them away.. Seems something about germs..  Even though we washed them well..  I was pissed.. they could have done two things.. Call us..tell us they couldn’t accept them… or give them to Goodwill or such…  I never told him.  Cruel bastards..

So do you collect anything?  What do you collect?

update
got the music boxes down to clean them... and there are 16!! left. 
I got rid of two..   




 this is all of them lined up on the table.. and on the chair.. except one I found later, but it is in the other picture with the piano...  it is the old RCA type record player..
 t 




what will become of them later?  Well, if I have not decided to give them away..... the probably Goodwill...................but for now.. they please me...

No comments: