Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Some days, it is just silence…. And that is good.

Some days, it is just silence…. And that is good.

As life goes by, there are some times, you want to just sit and read.. maybe share a cup of coffee or even tea.. But....

Just silence…  is enjoyable. 

I have found, I don’t have to feel guilty in silence.

No tv on… nor radio.. just the book and I.

With the HOT HOT weather, of 99 and to 101.. it is cave time.  I told you what cave time is..  All the shades for curtains pull closed.. just a light on for reading.  The humming of the air conditioners in the back room.. cooling off the house as the breeze drifts into the rest of the room.

I use to feel guilty sitting in silence and reading.  Thought I should be doing something.. anything.. but something.  Thought I was wasting time.. Maybe thinking I was lazy… don’t know.  But all my life has been doing something. Accomplishing something. 

I guess one of the good things of life is knowing.. it is ok to enjoy silence with a good book.

So for today.. I will allow one shout out.. of noise.. as I enjoy the birds and the neighborhood hum of different sounds.. and that shout out is..

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY COUSIN PARKER.. 

he is finally looking closer to his age… he is 80 I believe.. or is he 79.

Enjoying the dream… living in Mexico.. listening to the surf come and go..     ENJOY THE DAY.. LISTEN TO THE SILENCE OF THE EARTH, AND HER JOYS.. 

 

No comments: