Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Not as young as I thought I was…

Not as young as I thought I was…

My body is revolting against me.. Now I know I can not lift as much as I use to be able..  (use to walk off with a 55# bale of hay with ease.. or a 70# bag of feed from the back porch) I understand those days are long gone..   I also know of late, I can’t lift much of anything over 20#.  I get it.. at 83 that is bound to happen. 

And with the way my legs have been acting for about 3 years now.. I can’t walk as much as I use to..  I could walk up to 2 miles without any problem and that was up  until about 3 years ago.  I still walk fast… .on a good day… just not as long.  And now I have to have the cart many times.. if I go thru Walmart.  If I go to Costco..  I need to take aspirin and rub my legs with EMU cream..  to make it thru the store..

Then in November.. my hip bone for some reason decided to give me problems..  It isn’t broke, but it sure is bent.. Enough that I decided to get it x ray’d.  BUT my insurance co.. has to have a referral… to get a referral you have to go see your doctor..  well, I called about January 4th.. and the earliest I could get is March 13th.. Yes.. tomorrow..  AND I am so ready…  Hopefully they figure out what is going on.. I know it is not broke.. but is it cracked?   Does it have a spur?  What the hell??   Hoping it isn’t surgery..   I have two counts against that..  one is I would not want to spend so much money on this 83 year old body.. to have it kick the bucket a week later…  leaving the King with a hospital bill..  The other is the platelets problem I found out I had 18 years ago.. And the blood dr. said that if I have to have surgery ever..  I need to have a dr. conference about the platelet problem, as bleeding out is a possibility.  Isn’t that a lovely thought.. hopefully medicine has come a way since the 18 years.

Then I woke up the other morning with my right muscle in my arm aching..  took me a while to figure out why that was.. I was helping out with some house work the other day at the granddaughter’s house.. and I was using a broom to bring stuff out from under the couch..  There was quite a bit and some of it was hard so I had to really pull to get it out..  So that explains that..  but still want to know what is going on with the hip, as it was Nov. when it happen.. and it isn’t getting any better, if anything it is worse as it happens every day..  in the beginning it was once a day or two.  

Hell to get old..  lol..

No comments: