Monday, March 11, 2024

Well, this is the pits….

Well, this is the pits…. 

Last week was hell on wheels..   Mentally as well as physically..

Started off with Microsoft doing what they have been saying they were going to do..  Change from hotmail to outlook….  I have had hotmail for about 15 years or so.. It is my general email. I have two others..  one is my server which isn’t used much.. and the other is a gmail which is my personal one.. I have had that about 10 years.. As my grandson had made me do it.. lol..

Well on Thursday, I believe it all came to a screeching halt.  I was caught off guard as it has been telling me since the first of the year…COMING SOON.. changes to Microsoft ..stopping hotmail and going to just outlook.  Out look they have had for quite some time. But I am a creature of habit.. and it made no difference which one was used.. I got my hotmail.  But with out a date of when this would all happen..  I just plowed on..  I did make a copy of my sign on for gmail.. and put it in a folder.. And I knew my provider one..  But the King’s gmail.. I had not got around to copying.  And I went to the site and it would not let me sign in as they said it was the wrong password.  Well, I knew dang well. It was the correct one.. as I have a book with all my password in it.. so knew it was right..  Then I decide to go to Facebook.. it would not open.  Told me that my password was not correct. Once again.. I knew it was correct.. and I knew  it was really really hard for someone to figure it out.. As it has about 15 letters and numbers and symbols and etc.  I finally after 2 hours of trying to figure out how to get out of this mess..  I walked away.

When it starts to frustrate me.. I walk away..  and remember the words my son, the computer guy.. said to me many years ago..  MOM, IT IS JUST A TOY..  he told me that in the late 1990’s and at that time it was true..   and still kind of ..yet. but we now keep in contact with our friends and family… by computer.. be it Facebook. Or Messenger or emails..  So it is harder to take that advice.  But knowing if I kept it up.. my frustrating would get worse and there would be mistakes.. So walked I did..   He had called that afternoon, and I was complaining and he said.. what does this have to do with Facebook.   I said I thought because of one of the gmails is attached to the Facebook account..  He said it shouldn’t matter.

But long story short.. it didn’t and the reason why I could not get into my Facebook was FACEBOOK WAS DOWN.. NO ONE..across the nation could. 

So by the time I settled down the NEXT DAY..  I had no problem getting into my Facebook.. it came up with my account with no problems.. 

So then it was the emails to figure out. 

I found out that … the King’s gmail.. I had some where in my sanity.. gave my gmail for the kick back incase of trouble with his.. SO while it would not accept my password, it would go to  “forgot your password?” section..  And it would sent to MY gmail.. the way to redo the password.. which was kind of funny.. no so much humor.. but..  I put in the password I had in my book..  and guess what it said..   do not use old password…  now how the hell did it know it was my OLD password.. yet would not accept it?   So I figured out a new one.. yes, I put it in the book… and so far so good.   The HOTMAIL/OUTLOOK  email.. well, that got to be mostly junkmail anyway..  I took what ever was important off of that one in January and gave them my gmail.  So if I never see the Microsoft one again.. I don’t care. And all those junkmails are going to never never land.

I did try to get ahold of Microsoft and tell them how I felt… BUT when I hit send.. it told me it was a…. no reply address… which was not in the return address.  I tried the .com but that went off to some other stuff.  So gave up.  Good bye Microsoft.   The hard part was .. I had used outlook.com for the combo for all my emails.. but I can’t use it.. as gmail.has blocked them when I tried to sign them back up.. why it was erased in the transfer is beyond me.. after all the combo was listed as… you got it.. OUTLOOK.COM.

Any way.. I am like a bad steak.. I AM DONE. I AM OVER DONE.

By the way.. did I ever tell you .. I HATE COMPUTERS..  the necessary evil.??

No comments: