Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Trying to pull up my big girl pants…

Trying to pull up my big girl pants…

Ok, so as you saw I am going in for a MRI on Friday..  Being I have never had one..  never seen the machine..  I googled it.   As they asked about claustrophobic.)  ..  looked at the machine..  it didn’t look like it was small..  but one thing that did worry me.. as .. they stick you in head first..  and no opening on the head side.   As I thought if my head it stuck out on one end.. I would be ok with that..  just don’t like anything over my head … thinking to myself..  well, that won’t be too bad..  but wait a minute..  there is no opening.. 

Was talking to one of my son’s.. he says..  NO PROBLEM, MOM..  I FELL ASLEEP IN IT..  So I thought.. ok.. BUT THEN… I ask two friends and yes they both are female.. and the look of horror on their faces..   OH, NO.. DID THAT.. NEVER AGAIN..NOT UNLESS THEY CAN KNOCK ME OUT!!   Well, this isn’t looking so good..   One of them did mention.. “you need to talk to your doctor.. get a pill to take before you go.. it calms you down.”   Now I am not much for pills..  I barely remember my vits.. each morning…   I put off aspirins in hopes it will go away on it’s own..  but maybe this would be a good idea..  only one pill..  See I take things internally..  meaning my blood pressure hits sky high.. and I think I am handling things just fine.. Last time was when they took some bone marrow to see about my platelets.. at a CANCER UNIT…  I thought I was just fine with doing it.. but when they took my blood pressure it was 201 over 180..  I normally run 130 over 78…  She had me think happy thoughts (walking the beach and etc) and it went down to 160 over 88…  So I called and got the pill..  I am ready to go with this..    I want to know what is going on with my bones.. that over rules.. being nervous wreck.. and backing out.. 

So Friday… I will pull up my big girl pants… with the help of the pill..  and get it done..   It is hell to get old.  I told a friend..  why now?  I have gone almost 84years.. no prescriptions. No health issues..  good legs and love to walk.. (not now).. couldn’t God just wait on this..  just wait until he takes me home.. I have a lot of places to go yet.. and want to walk it..

   


UPDATE..   got the call that they cancelled..  MACHINE BROKE.. what the heck?   is this a bad omen... lol..   Anyway.. I am on for next Friday the 29th..

No comments: