Monday, March 08, 2021

It doesn’t have to be that way……..

It doesn’t have to be that way……..

At church yesterday, the Pastor was talking about how you don’t have to be at WAR with..

Yourself, others, and God…..  the name of the sermon was “It doesn’t have to be that way.”

While he brought up several good points about each one… 

The one that stood out was the “others”…

 

In these days and ages… there seems to be a lot of that going around.  Mad at others… A lot of people angry because others don’t agree with their thinking.   Wasn’t there a thing about if we all thought alike, did alike, said alike… it would be a boring world? 

 

But I do think people should lightening up.  I don’t know if it is old age or what with me.. or maybe it is my mandrake of two years ago, with my freedom in the words ……  I don’t care…. 

It isn’t I don’t care about anything? Or anyone… but I have found there is a heck of a lot that I don’t care about… Things I can’t change. Things that does not involve me, or things that doesn’t matter to me.  Sadly most of all is I don’t care enough to argue with anyone over dumb shit.   Yes, I said that… 

 

As I told the King one day as we were having a bickering conversation…  you know.. I just don’t care.. I don’t care to argue with you anymore.. I don’t care about the subject.. do what you wish.. and I will do what I want to do.  But you suffer the consequences of your actions and most of all, of what your mouth says. 

With others, I find myself going into the hearing of Charlie Brown and the teacher…  blah blah blah….  And my thoughts roam to something more pleasant.   Maybe I am just a doddering old broad. Lol… I don’t know if it is irritations or being mad…but do know I am tired of it.  So I have learn to let others get it out of their systems and then bide them good by and wish them well.

 

I guess filing it under my fav saying…   NOT MY RODEO AND NOT MY HORSE TO RIDE…

 

Being mad at anyone is such a waste of good time.. And at almost 81.. I don’t have a lot of that left.  Maybe if I was 40 years younger I might think it was worth my while to endure their side and have them listen to my side.. But at this age, I find it is easier and faster if I just let them let it all out, and we move on.

 

You see….it doesn’t have to be that way….. to have others control your thoughts and time.   Go enjoy yourself.  Be it digging in your garden, straighten out your yard…  watch over the grandkids or great grandkids… Find joy in your life. It is out there… it can be that way…

No comments: