Tuesday, September 07, 2021

The beginning of Fall….

The beginning of Fall….

It is the start of fall… and the weather is getting cooler..Because THERE WAS A MOUSE IN THE HOUSE..

I was sitting at the dining room table going thru my mail, when a quick motion caught my eye.. in time to see a mouse come out of the hall way, into the living room and behind some things… as I scream EKKKKKKKKKKK or something like that..  (I DO NOT LIKE MICE.  of any sort… pets or other wise..)

I went over to the area, stomping my feet, in hope of getting it to run towards the kitchen… and the door.

Nothing…   About 10 minutes later as I sat at the dining room table, continuing to go thru the mail.. when here it comes… I jumped up and yelled as it cornered around thru the doorway into the kitchen.. skidding as it went..(guessing it was just as scared of me, as I was of it..although found myself laughing at the skidding).  It went back towards the dryer, where we suspect it comes thru.. although the King does everything to keep the area packed so nothing can come thru the dryer vent area.

 When the King came home.. I told him we have a mouse in the house.. and his traps are all in between the wall and dryer where he left them.. but all have been released.. (due to no mice seen and little great grandson’s fingers.)…  I mention maybe we need a cat, but I still hate the fact that… along with a cat comes.. a litter box.. which we really don’t have room for.  (old one was behind the bathroom door, not a good place)…  He, of course, nixed that..  If cats meowed to go outside to go potty, I would get one. But they don’t..Ok, some have been trained.. but it is rare..

King got the traps out, and took them outside to see if they still work, when OUT OF THE CORNER… SLIDDING THRU THE DOOR WAY .. TO OUTSIDE.. IS … THE MOUSE..  

While I breathe a sigh of relief… I know usually where there is one mouse there are many.. hopefully he was the scout they sent in to see if we  had a good place, goes back and reports the screaming woman.. and to  look at the next house..

No comments: