Monday, November 07, 2022

Memories from an Autograph book….

Memories from an Autograph book….





The difference of 4 years …first is the 54 ending with 57.

 Favorite Recording…                                              

Istanbul                                                                                        

why does it have to be me.

If I ever needed you , I need you know.  

I am in the jail house now..

Only you..

blue suede shoes

Round round (by Perry Como   and

Rock your baby to sleep

Actor

Jack Palance

Burt Lancaster

James Dean

Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis

Actress.

Marlyn Monroe,

Esther Williams

Judy Garland

Anita Ekbery

 Comedians

Dean Martin and jerry lewis

Sid Caesar

Phil Silvers

Lucy

Television

Dragnet

Topper

Sid Caesar show

I love Lucy

 

Radio

Dragnet

Music

Food

Apple sauce

Ice cream

All Italian food..

Portguese food.

Color

Blue

Red

Black

Flower

Daisy

Roses

Singers

Bill Haley

Elvis

Johnny Cash

 Songs

Papa

Ko Ko Mo

I”ll never stop loving you

I’ll be home for Christmas

I love my baby

Bye Bye Love

Love letters in the Sand

Wake up little Susie

 

Fads

Knee socks

Shirts

Sweaters

Plaid belts

Levi

 

Slangs

Holy Horses

You Know it.

Beans

Oh, Brother

I doubt it

 

 Classes I took

English all 4 years

Gym 3 years

Civic

Typing

Shorthand

Geography

General Science

Law ½  year

History

Bookkeeping

Business training

Guidance…  (what the heck and how do you get D in it? But I did in one of them)

 

 

Weird notes…

Leisure.. Horse back riding.. 

Walking

Belonging the  Newport Horse Club

Found letter from grandfather..

In a gift area for my birthday.. I got a ton of hay for my pony.. which she got rid of 4 months later.. (Humm wonder who ate the rest of the hay? )

Earn money…    got paid $1.50 for a WEEKS  worth of work.. even Sundays…

Found out I wanted to go in the Air Forse or be an Airline hostess.. and or a nurse.. well, got close to that one. 30+ years later became a nurses aide..

 Dumb school song

Fair Rogers

Rogers Fair..

They name forever stand for holy fame

From childhood’s day we look to thee

As up to some deity..

Oh, sing ye, son’s of Rogers

(I will have to go find my graduation book.. surely this can’t be the song)
sadly it is true.. it is not in the book but found it on internet.
 

And the names of teachers that still ring true of our memories.. some good, some not so good, some fun..  same sad..  

Westall.. typing

Dilion US. History… (friend of the family)

Robson ..short hand

Marion Clarke .. English.. (she told us… DON’T YOU DARE COME BACK HERE YEARS FROM NOW AND TELL ME .. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAID ATTENTION..  PAY ATTENTION ..  NOW!!!!)

Daily   gym.. I swear she was an ex Marine

Oulette   study hall. 

Lali  business training

Coen.. also a coach that all the girls had a crust one

Tripp  typing and shorthand

Triplette… Civic… she was good.. and one of the rare black teachers we had.  I liked her. 

Crosby.

Lakey   geography.. and study hall. (we all ran amok during this class of study hall, because Mr. Lakey would spend a lot of time in the OLD elevator…

North  

 

And none of us girls will ever forget MISS CARR… hell on wheels.. she was about 4 foot 10…  and when she talked we listen.. yes ma’am.. no ma’am.. how high would you like us to jump Ma’am… 

 

The boys had Joe Nevins.. he was a sweet guy, just don’t tell him he is. He too was short.. guess Deans came in short size in those years.

No comments: