Monday, November 28, 2022

Ok, I am an idiot and I flunked smart phone 101…

Ok, I am an idiot and I flunked smart phone 101…

So there I was on Monday…My smart phone is on the counter. I just got finish charging it.. so it was at 100%. I  walked by about 2 hours later.. About 10am.   And I see on the screen the keyboard.  I didn’t touch it.  The King is outside in the garage.   I get my glasses on to see if there was a text from someone and this was put up so I could answer it.. NOPE.. nothing..   so closed and put back on the counter ..  Couple hours later, I walk by and the calculator is showing on the screen.  I don’t even know where the calculator was on this phone.. or how to access it in any form..  AND the voice dealy is also open.. I had already read about this part of the cell, so know to give the password for shutting it off..  STOP LISTENING..  and it closed and the little  icon went to the area of the icons..  ok.. that is weird.. At bedtime, I went to see if everything is ok.. and NO.. this phone has now taken on a life of its own.   The voice part is open and the icon is gone off the icon area…  So once again.. I say…STOP LISTENING.. NOTHING..  I REPEATED IT … NOTHING..  after 8 times and my husband in the bedroom.. almost falling out of bed laughing at me.. I said, turn off cell phone.. NOTHING..  So I pushed the off button on the side.. and the cell phone went dark.. Good it is off..  OH NO, NOT THAT EASY..  BECAUSE IT COMES BACK..  It is on the front page.. the voice part is off.. And the battery was at 47% for just 5 hours.   I plug in the battery charger… I went to bed.   Next morning..  nothing new… but the night before was a deal breaker.. No way was I going to have anything in my house that can listen to what is going on.. is a deal breaker.. How do I know it is listen to what is going on?  Because it is typing out everything that is being said as well as the dog barking… I AM SO DONE WITH THIS THING!!!!. I am so totally done..

Off to the Verizon store n the morning.... the guys in there are terrific..  After hearing my story.. and my husband with me backing up the part of laughing..  The guy said yes, after calling someone.. we will take it back.. and you want a basis flip phone?   Yes, I said.. And you can put my phone number on the flip phone, right?  Yes…  you can transfer my contacts on to the flip phone right?  Yes.. AND you can remove all things of mine on the smart phone… yes.. DONE DEAL.. shook hands with him..   See when I got the so call damn smart phone.. I had to put those contacts in… one at a time…about hour and half worth of time.. So this was great.

So 20 minutes later.. I was walking out of the store with a brand new flip phone..  THAT I KNOW HOW TO USE…. And I was happy..  

So you see..  I FLUNKED SMART PHONE 101.. AND I DON’T CARE.. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: