Wednesday, November 02, 2022

THE GREAT WORDS OF WISDOM...1953 TO 1957…

  THE GREAT WORDS OF WISDOM FROM THE CLASS OF ...1953 TO 1957…

 

I was reading on the internet… the wording was..” the worthless, poems of your life..” and this one showed up..

 



Which got me to thinking about my autograph book I had in high school..  so I had to go find it and walk down memory lane..  How many of these little poem put together by our generation, do you remember?   These are just some of the autographs in my book.. I gave credit to those who wrote them.. after all 65+ years ago, they took the time to write them..  many of them are gone now.


Yours till the ocean wears rubber pants to keep it bottom dry…Twins are had, triplettes worse…  sleep alone for safety first!                                                                                                                                      If  all the boys were across the sea, what a great swimmer Cissy would be…. Your friend  (I hope) Eileen Pemental

 

I  love you almighty    I love you almight.. I wish my pj’s were pinned to my nighty.. now don’t get excited or out of your head   mean on the hanger not in bed…. Sandra and Bob…. And not I don’t know who they are..

When I die bury me deep,   bury my school books at my feet..    tell my teacher I’ve gone to rest… that won’t be back for any test.   … Yours till the cows give ice cream… 2 y’s UR… 2 y’s UB..     I C U R   2 y’s 4 me       Mary Louse Cornell 

 

To a swell kid, with a cute smile and a nice personality, and really full of hell.  Remember the fun in room  218   Gracie      (boy did I have her fooled.. lol)  

 

This to hope you are never the color of this page (blue)……. When seated on the sofa with your boyfriend at your side… beware of false impressions, his mustache might be dyed!  The stork flew north, the stork flew south with baby cissy in his mouth and he saw she was a nut, he dropped her in the Richardson hut!    I am dumb,  Inspiration won’t come,   no ink, no pen… good luck AMEN!

YOURS TILL NIAGRA FALLS,    Roses are red, violets are blue.. when I clean out my furnace I will think of you.. (not true) …… Genevieve Ramos… CELL BLOCK 205…. Under warden Huntington…    Now Genevieve I remember … she was a wonderful person.. so caring and compassionate..   and yes her writing took up the whole page..   lol..

 

I see you in, the ocean, I see you in, the sea,   I see you in, the bathtub, OOPS, EXCUSE ME”… Sandy Sceeles    I remember her.. she had a heck of a sense of humor..

 

I love you little ….  I ove you big… I love you like a little pig…   You’re a crazy kid when it comes to horses, that is why are always horsing around…   Always remember 218 and Mr. Lakey. It sure was fun……..Connie Simmons…

Remember Washington,   remember Lincoln.. THE HELL  with them, Remember ME!  Remember room 218… ( there it is again.. room 218..I had to go find out what was in 218.. was afraid it was study hall and I did stupid stuff.. but surprise it was BUSINESS TRAINING… now how was that fun??  Lol  was a great teacher .. Mr. Lalli)   I will always remember you because you are a sweet kid.. Carol Souza


To one crazy mixed up kid… that is just a nutty over horses as I am…. I am not kidding!!  Your Pal…  Pat R. v

In your woodbox of memories, regard me as a chip……. When you are old and out of shape, remember the girdle for $2.98… what did the table cloth say to the table… I got yha covered!!  Don’t be a smo, joe!   State of love… city of wishes.. 19 hugs and 54 kisses…..  Sylvia…  (don’t remember her either…)

 While there are lots of ……you’re a sweet kid…. Have a wonderful life…  wishing you everything in life..  you are the best.. there was one that said…  Best of Luck.. we’ve had our share of arguments, but we are still the best of friends.. your friend Jackie…  sadly after 65 years I don’t remember who Jackie is.. will have to find my graduation book and see if I can figure it out.

There is a church in the valley … there is a church in the hill… there is a church for the person who has a good will……    love ya and hope you have a lot of luck.. choo choo here comes the train.. I just have time to sign my name!!  roses are red,  violets are blue the higher the sky, the better the view.   Theresa Smith

 And aptly said…   There is a girl who lives in the city.. there is a girl who lives in the town,  there ‘s a girl who spoiled your book by (written as such .. and it is written)   UPSIDEDOWN…

By hook or by crook …   It’s raining it’s raining.. the old man is gaining… he sat on a tack to lose some fat, and never did come back.

 Rose are red… violets are blue.. sugar is sweet… I wonder about you…. Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall…Humpty Dumpty had a great fall….all the kings horses and all the kings men… had eggs and bacon  for breakfast again…      I’ll be the last to write in your book.  (and she was)                 Helen Ginny Seeman.

Going thru this book has brought back a lot of memories..  there was a post card urgening my father to buy a cedar chest…  (we were giving a post card to come pick out a SMALL chest and while we were there, we were told.. IF YOU WERE TO GET A CEDAR CHEST.. WHICH ONE WOULD YOU PICK…  which was told on the post card to my dad.    There was even a personal card from one of the girls I went to school with, with kind words on the back of it..     



One thing I learn is I need to go get my graduation book and see if I can find these people... lol

 

I think I will make another blog of the changes of songs thru the 4 years this book was for..   finding out it was given to me for Christmas in my freshman year..   cool to see the different changes of my likes of comedians, singers and movie stars and etc.. but all that is in another blog story..     Next Monday.. 


No comments: