Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Manners never go out of style.

Manners never go out of style.

I had the GGboys yesterday..  and we were doing things around the yard and then inside..  We were coloring pictures.. The boys were making their own.  I have a cheap design coloring book.  I call it a pablum book,  you know, when you can do something with out thinking..

When one of the boys decide to share a color with the other.. I asked the receiver .. what do you say..  He looks at me for a minute and then he said.. Oh, thank you..  I told him good..  then I turn to the other one… and said.. and what do you say?  He just looked at me..  I said.. how about “you welcome”..  So he said it.  This went on several times over borrowed colors.. to getting water for one of the boys..   Then out of the blue I said.. you know..  when young boys say thank you and you welcome..  grown ups think that is pretty special that you say that..  As not many say that anymore. It is the polite thing to do.. The oldest said.. yea, Mom has us say thank you to others..   I said how about to each other..  He looked at me, like I was crazy..  I said.. well, when you do something nice for someone..  don’t you like it when the person tells you thank you/? He said.. yea, I guess I do.   I told him. Being polite is a nice way of being nice to others.  Let’s them know you appreciate what they did for you..  So off and on thru the rest of the art time.. I would hear one say to the other as a marker flew by me.. THANK YOU……  YOU WELCOME… and I smiled..

Manners never go out of style.. and we as the older generation need to let them know that.

No comments: