Monday, August 14, 2023

LIGHT IS SLIPPING AWAY..

LIGHT IS SLIPPING AWAY..

Do you know that we are losing 30 minutes per week?  Of sunlight.  Yes, every day we lose 5 minutes..  I was really surprised..  Oh, yes, I know that we have the day shorten up  and then lengthen ..  but I guess I didn’t really think of it… more the time changed did it..   Not paying attention to Mother Natures, daylight saving time change. .

But the weather guy tells a couple times a week.. we have lost x amount of days light this week..  

It is hard to get upset when June 21 comes around..  as it is the longest day of the year and we start losing daylight from then on until Dec.  As the days seem long at the time, we really don’t notice.  Most of us don’t even pay any attention to it..  Oh, gosh the day was 4 and half minutes shorter..  Was that 9:16 instead of 9:20mp.. no not really, we just go on our merry little way.

I am a daylight sleeper or rather non sleeper.. As long as it is day light I can’t sleep.  And I wake on my own in the morning when it is 5:10 or 5:30am… then 6am and etc

By the time winter has arrived and day light savings has ended.. I am up to 7 and 8 am..  just about a 3 hour difference.  Just doesn’t seem any difference, until you wake up with the sun and it is almost 8am..  and seems like half the day is shot.. and then the next thing you notice it is 4PM and it is dark.

Funny creatures, us humans..

No comments: