Monday, February 27, 2023

GETTING OLDER TOGETHER………

GETTING OLDER  TOGETHER………….

Ok, at the age of 70 … all the fun and games are over.

Well, not quite, as we still have fun and play some games. 

But the King has found out that at the age of 70 things start to fall apart.  With 3 of his sibling gone and only his kid brother and him left… it is on his mind when things don’t go well. Last week we spent 4 hours in the ER.. with him having jab pains in his chest. Long and short of it.. he spiked an outrageous BP numbers  but all the test came back clean. Scan, xray and EKG.. all clear. And at home his BP settled down and return to normal for him.. Anxiety attack?  we don’t know, but stress test in 2 weeks is ordered..

Then this Sunday at 2:10am .. I find him across the bed. Out like a light….  First off, he is fine.. really he is.. but it sure scared the heck out of the two of us.  I talked to him… nothing..  he also wears a CCAP mask, so makes it harder.  I jumped out of bed and ran over to his side of the bed.  He is either heavy asleep or out.. It was out..  I slapped him on the shoulder, and then his stomach, while calling his name..  saw he was breathing, so I got his mask off and slapped his face and yelled at him. His eyes open slowly. And then he started to talk a bit. I grabbed a hold of his hand and helped him sit up..  He said.. where am I?..  I told him what was going on, and he looked at me confused. I got a cold wet rag and put on his head, then took it and washed his face and neck, and then put it back on his head. He just sat there quietly… then he said.. I had a Charlie horse in my calf, it was really bad.. and after that I don’t know what happen.  Well, that explains why his leg is up on the chair across from the bed.. Had him take his BP and it was normal..   then had him do a diabetic test.. it came back normal..  so ok, it is not his heart and it wasn’t his diabetes.  Finally got him to stand and I walked him to the bathroom, as he said he was getting sick to his stomach.  With in about 20 minutes he was pretty much back to his old self.. A little confused about what happen..   Took his BP again after half hour.. still stable.. only his air was down..  to 82..  (suppose to be 90 and over) .. So he rested.. then went back to bed.. Slept well, got up at 7:45 (late for him) and was doing well.. and did well the rest of the day.  

But I am here to tell you, while he was out..  I was scared.. He has never done that before.   And it scared him a little after too.

Sure is hell to get old..   as they say.. our golden years..  

He has a stress coming up in a week.. 

Getting old together… better than alone…  you have some one to be scared with you..  ha ha… 

So take good care of yourselves out there..  and remember the parts start to fall apart after 70…  (Oh, by the way, years ago, I went to my dr.  who had cancelled my appt. the week before as he wasn’t feeling well…  and as he is talking to me about what ever I was there for… he says to me… “why didn’t you tell me that we start to fall apart at 70?”  (he is 4 years younger than me)  I told him.. he was the doctor, not me.. he should have told me years ago..   So I leave you laughing..  and hang in there.. growing old is better than the other option..   

No comments: