Monday, May 29, 2023

AND THE EYES HAVE IT…

AND THE EYES HAVE IT…..

Some where in my many drawers and boxes of junk there is a card, that I got about 40 some odd years ago… It was a joke card about the body parts arguing of who is boss of the body..   Each one arguing their point of view. Eye, you can’t see where you are going..  the Ears, can’t hear who is talking and what they are saying…  the brain, saying they were in charge of the body…. the stomach as it gets upset and etc.. down to the butt..  And when the butt said he was in charge.. all the other body parts laughed at him…  to the point, he closes up and refuses to open up..  The brain gets foggy, the eyes get cloudy, the ears get plugged, and the stomach is ready to burst.  So they all agree the butt is the boss…of the body..  and inside the card it says… SO YOU SEE, you can be an asshole and be boss.

I thought that was funny and kept the card all these years..  although I have no clue, which box or drawer it is in.

While the butt has a good argument…  I have to say that the eyes have one too… As on Thursday, I went to have some laser work on my eyes.. I had already had the other surgery done about 5 or 6 years ago..  Which worked GREAT!!  But as I aged, I developed a cloudy area on my left eye..  So they sent me to Spokane Pacific Laser Institute…  who does a awesome job.  And they found out that my right eye was also developing it as well..  So got both of them done in one visit…  Which means dilating BOTH eyes… twice..  once to get the test done.. and then some more as they did the laser part. So by the time I left there..  let’s say things were blurry.. but also the SUN.. Oh, my gosh..  I had to stop and hang on to a pillar out side..  (now don’t get it wrong.. they did offer me some dark glasses but I told them I had sunglasses out in the car…STUPID.!!!)  Ken gave me his glasses so I could make it to the car..  Then we went to cda to see his friend in hospice.. I got out of the car.. with glasses on.. and started to walk.. NOT SO GOOD.. and my stomach started to roll, because of the weaving… of my stride..  Told Ken, I was going back to the car…  And same as I got home, getting in the house..  

And I had to stay away from windows with out shades.. 

So I have to say, the eyes, undersold themselves in the argument…

Thankfully by bedtime… I was almost back to normal and the next morning everything was great.

No comments: