Tuesday, September 12, 2023

My Dad would be sooooooooooooo proud. ..


 

As you can see from these pictures.. this is about a car.  It was my father’s car.   It is one he bought on a fluke, because the guy who owned it was a friend and the friend had financial problems.. so he sold the car to dad.

Dad had fun with it..  he drove it to breakfast every morning to his favorite little restaurant.. where the waitress were young and pretty.. And even at the age of 82.. he loved to flirt.  And even with the grey hair, and wrinkles..  he cut a pretty good looking man look.. 

After Dad died..  the will said that I got one of my parents vehicles… of my brother’s choice.  Why he didn’t keep the Vet. I don’t know. Because my brother was cut from the same clothe that my father was..  maybe his wife wasn’t fond of it..  But what ever the reason.. I got the Vet..  I had one son who lived in R.I. and I had him go get it..  as I live in Idaho.. We kind of went into partners of sorts.   He paid me a agreeable amount that was less than value and I kept the idea that if he sold it, I got more.. Well here we are Ladies and Gents. 29 years later.. and this is what it looks like now..  It totally belongs to my son..  He has worked on this vehicle for the past several years.. and especially since there became a WOREL BROS. WORLD CHAMPION trophy involved between the 4 boys.  This car won by a hair the first time.. and others have won the trophy since..   They skipped 2020 I believe.. The race is in June around Father’s day most years.

But the racing has narrowed down to two of the brothers for now. 

This picture is of this year.. After zillion hours of work.. and I can’t imagine how much money involved  (it is a wonder his wife goes along with this) to get to this point.  It isn’t perfect.. but close..   AND IT SURE LOOKS GOOD….. turns heads when people see it.. 

And if you look at the car at the starting line.. you will see the torque… the rear wheel is scrunched and the driver wheel is off the ground.  And if we could see the back of this car inside.. on the seat if it is still there.. or the shelf beyond…  if we could see the ghost of my father and brother, as their backs blow to the back of the car…  you would see two very happy laughing men.  

I am hoping that all 4 boys… get back into the fun of racing.. They have helped each other in the past… so it is not a cut throat thing.. but a brotherly love got to beat you, thing.   

These pictures were taking by a professional photographer who was at the track that day.. 
GREAT PICTURES... 




 

No comments: