Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bored on Saturday

I was bored on Saturday. I had everything
I could do for the yard at this time, done.
Rest has to wait until it gets a little colder.

So I thought I would wash the cat. She was
so dirty. So I cleared everything from the sink
area. As this can get messy.

You see, Misty the dog and Rokon go back to
the days when Misty was a tiny puppy. I don't know
what the relationship is, in their minds. But they
chase each other from time to time, and race thru
the house. All in good fun. When they are playful,
well, actually when Rokon is playful. As when she isn't
into it..she sits there and glares if Misty runs around her chair.
Maybe swatting at her with that "get out of here kid' look.

Misty just does her thing...cat or no cat around.
That is mostly sleep. Unless something attracts her
mind. Like people going by or a noise. She sleeps on
her blanket or hides under it. Or with the King in his
chair. We refer to her as our kitty-cat dog.

But when Rokon gets a bath, it is different. Rokon growls,
screeches, or has this deep in the bowels noise that is
hard to describe. As you can tell Rokon hates a bath.
And the only way I can survive, is to hold her by the nap of her
neck and wash fast, if it is in the sink. I have maybe 10 minutes
tops, for washing and rinsing. While she howls.

But the amazing thing is Misty. She runs back and forth
during all of this....crying, whimpering in sympathy for Rokon.
And when Rokon hits the floor at a dead run, Misty is right
behind her. Checking her over, as surely she must be hurt
after all that howling. Then she looks at me in disgust. Then
runs away as if she thinks she might be next.

For more on washing cats... when I washed her in the shower.
http://wordtosser.blogspot.com/2008/06/pets.html

No comments: