Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pets

Pets are funny and fun. We are lucky
that we have a cat named Rokon and
what we jokingly call, a catdog, (Doxie)
named Misty. They have showed up
here on the blog from time to time.
Usually on weekends.

We decided the easiest way to wash
Misty, is to take her in the shower with
us. After all, we are going to get wet one
way or the other.

This is a ritual that we go thru once a
week unless she needs it more. She loves
to roll in some God forsaken odor. So
sometimes it is more.

Usually it is the King who does her. So I
pick her up, take her into the bathroom,
and hand her to him. Well, that is the principal.
As she looks like one of those cartoons of cats,
where all 4 legs are spread, and if she could
catch the sides of the door of the shower, she
would brace herself, not to go in. Being she is
a miniature, she loses and I win.

After the King is ready, I come in with a warm
towel and take her to dry her. Now that part
she likes.

Tonight, I figured I would do Rokon. Now I have
never ventured the shower with Rokon. I usually
do her in the sink. But she has gotten so big, I
figured I would try the shower.

Now you have to be crafter with cats. They aren't
as trusting as dogs are. So I put her in the bathroom
and let her roam around like she usually does.
She likes to pull open the sink's lower cabinets.

After she got comfortable and I got ready for my
shower, I picked her up, which is quite a chore,
now that she has put on about 10 pounds. I jumped
into the shower and closed the door before she knew
what was up. And I put her on the floor of the shower
quick. My mother did not raise any fools.

I turn on the water, and all hell broke loose. Do you
know that a cat can climb a glass wall? Well, Rokon
can. Then came the guttural growls. Which brought
Misty to the door, wondering what demon was in the
bathroom.

Long and short of it, I shampooed and rinse her off.
Well, not quite as quick as that. You know about the
greased pig, well, a soapy wet cat isn't much better.
After I rinsed her off the second time, she was starting
to calm down. I squeezed as much water off as I could
and open the door. She shot out like she was a bullet.
I knocked on the wall, and the King came to see what
Misty was crying about and what I wanted.

He open the door a little, and said, Oh, shit. I told him to
shut the other doors so Rokon couldn't get into the bedroom
and under the bed. And to bring a towel. So he picked
her up with a towel and went off.

Now the strange part. Misty stayed behind and sat by
the shower door. So I open the door to the shower and
SHE WALKED IN. I am not kidding. I couldn't believe it.
This dog who fights showers, walks in. Sits down, and looks
up as if to say, WELL.......
She sat there while I shampooed her, and rinse her,
and then the King brought in a warm towel, and off she
went.
Now she is dry, and terrorizing the cat. She runs back and
forth, the cat up on a chair, swipes at her, and Misty barks,
and her ears flopping, torments the cat. Rokon, looks down
at her, like .. it is all your fault, you fool dog.

Pets... like kids sure are funny.

No comments: