Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Get your camera and.....

The King called about half an hour ago... Yelling in the phone,
get your camera and get down to the airport, I have got a story
for you, for your blog...

And this is what I found... Last night about dusk, around 9:30 p.m.
the pilot, Jan and his wife were taxi-ing down the landing strip. When
all a sudden thud... they didn't even see the deer coming at them in the
tall grass.. that is near the strip. The impact spun the plane around and
into the fence.

Luckily they were able to get out and walk away. This morning, Jan
was looking it over, when we arrived.
With it being dusk, he didn't see how damaged it was. It really surprised
him how bad it was. He restores old airplanes, but I think this is going
to be a parts plane now..

Hopefully the airport will mow the hay that is next to the air strip.
But with the city and county arguing over who has district over it,
it may take a while.









1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

oh my, now I know why I do NOT like flying...and there is no way no how anyone could get me up in one of those tiny toy planes....

Glad your maties were safe and sound.....

x