Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tell me, but don't tell me.....

I really get frustrated with people
when they argue about candidates.
When they talk about issues, I am
fine. But when they use names, it
gets to me.

Tell me that you don't like my candidate
because he is not going to do well with
the economy. And why you think that is
so. Not just because.

Tell me he hasn't had enough experience,
because he is too young. And who was
similar and did not do a good job because
he was also inexperienced. And what ones
who had a lot of experience and did it right.

And I will tell you of others who had
a lot of experience and were horrible.
And I promise you, I won't tell you that
yours isn't going to do a good job because
he is too old.

Tell me that you don't think he will be able
to handle foreign polices and why you don't
think he will.

And remember there are cabinet department
heads that (yours and mine) will chose and
they will be advisors as well as handling such
things.

BUT please don't tell me, you won't vote for
the one I will vote for because you don't like
his name. Does that mean if your's middle
name is Adolf, you will not vote for him, even
if according to you, he is the best all around
person to be President?

Please do not tell me that you won't vote
for him, because he is a MUSLIN. Even
though, you have seen it over and over and
over that he is a Baptist. His ex-minister has
been on television enough times. And his church
has been mention enough times.

Please don't tell me because his father was
a Muslin that you aren't going to vote for him.
How many German ancestors have we had in
different Presidents and not once was it mention
that Hitler was their leader.

Please don't tell me you won't vote for him,
because he isn't patriotic enough, because
he doesn't wear a flag on his suit or clothing
all the time. Because, then I will have to ask
you where is your flag on your clothing. Because
99% of the people who I have heard say that lame
excuse...did not have a flag on their clothing at the
time.

Please don't tell me these things, because it
just weakens my thoughts of your argument.
And I can't take you seriously enough.
It almost makes me think that you are a
subconsciously a racist. Because these are
so lame of excuses. Why else would you list
them?

So tell me the real reason why you can't vote
for the guy I like. And I will tell you the reason
why I won't vote for yours. And it will not be
because he is older, it is not because I think
when he stumbled over words, I thought he
was heading for dementia.

So if you tell me good reasons of issues
of why yours is so much better than mine,
I will listen....who knows, you might even
change my mind. Or I might change yours.


And to be quite honest with you, both
of these men are good men. Just I don't like
the policies of one of them.

No comments: