Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lovely Weather we are having....

Aren't you loving this weather? I
am. It is wonderful.

Ah, you say, she has finally lost it.
The windy wet weather has warped
her mind.

But on the set of mind of, the glass
is half full, instead of half empty, you
got to admit, our weather here is
wonderful.

Still not convinced? Ok. So would
you trade this wet, windy and colder
weather (44 degrees nights and 55
days) for say... the tornadoes of the
mid-west? I thought not.

How about trading it for the 100 to
110 degrees of the East Coast?
You might have waivered there for
a second....but memories of last
July of 99 degrees here... should
convince you, no, you really don't want
to trade. After all we thought we had
gone literally to hell last summer as
we all baked and hid in our shades
pulled, air conditioners going full
blast, homes.

So now, as I was saying, isn't it
lovely out? Rain for our garden,
that we finally got to put in. Windy,
so we aren't having flooding lawns.
And cold, so we can put another
sweater on. Because come summer
there is just so much you can take
off. At least to be decent about it, that is.

So quit your whining... We whined last
summer because it was so hot, we thought
we were in hell. Then we whined because
there was so much snow and it snowed
so long into the season... and now we
are whining because it is wet, windy and
cool.

Ok, ok, so I regret putting my winter pj's
away for the summer and I am wearing
my winter coat when I go outside...but
still...It is lovely weather

No comments: