Thursday, June 12, 2008

I must be crazy...

I write this blog daily. Well, almost.
I write it Monday thru Friday. I do
take off holidays and the weekends.

And once in a blue moon I will take a
fishing day off. After all, anyday fishing
is better than other days. Even if you
don't catch anything. Most people,
non fishing people, don't get that.

But the beauty of the lakes, streams,
rivers, and the surrounding trees, and
mountains can smooth out any stress
you have.

One time many years ago, when I was
working.. I was suppose to do at least
2 hours of inservices. On different subjects.
Doing at least 24 hours a year. One time
they had one on stress. And I got into
trouble because I didn't show up for the
only one they were going to do on STRESS!.
I told them I went fishing, and that took care
of any stress they could hand out in that
building. And it did and does.

So why do I think I am crazy? Because I
blog, I post 5 days a week... I feel the pull
to do it, even when I couldn't think of a
thing to write. And why do I do this?

This is the crazy part. I do this each day,
for no pay, and very little readership. I have
probably 20 fairly steady readers. On a good
day I can get up to 30.

So isn't that insane? No pay, small readership,
and no high praises. Even the comments are few
and far between.. So why do I do this?

For the fun of it..... and I have said many times before,
when the fun goes out of it.... I will close shop and
go fishing forever. Fly fishing anyone?

3 comments:

Betty said...

I don't know why I blog, either. I don't manage it every day, but feel the pull enough to do it two or three days a week. I just like it, I guess.

Idaho Dad said...

My whole life I always had something to say about one thing or another, but nobody would ever listen. Now I've actually managed to connect with a few people who don't mind listening to what I have to say. Amazing, huh?

After four years, I'm still having fun with my blog. I like mixing it up with thoughts, reviews, giveaways, pictures, videos. Whatever happens to be on my mind, I guess.

Mari Meehan said...

No high praise indeed! The fact that you have twenty or thirty readers who like what you write day in and day out is high praise!