Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Lottery Money

After today, I have decided what I
want to do with my lottery money.
That is, if I ever win. But I have trouble
with that, because I keep forgetting
to buy the tickets. The King does often,
but I think even he is giving up on it.

I have decided that I want to buy a lawn.
You know one of those that they roll on
to the yard. And I also want to have roll on
flower beds. Supposedly they never get weeds.
Because the roll on deal is weed less.

I spent 4 hours today, weed whacking my
yard. And most of it weeding my flower bed.
I should kind of, revise that wording. I was
deflowering my weed bed.

I have found out that if it comes out
easy.... it was my flowers... If it came
out like tug of war, with roots to China,
then it was a weed.

My friend gave me gobs of seeds from her
flower bed last fall. I had the King dig up and
retill it last fall and again this spring. And
then I walked down the row, flowing seeds
like Johnny Appleseed. Luckily you all
have apple trees, he must have done
it better than I. As I only see 8 for sure
flower plants, and 12 maybes. You see they
kind of look like carrot tops to me, but they
aren't carrots. But they weren't blade grass either.

Then there are the beautiful yellow flowers on
the lawn. And just about every where else too.
No, I am not talking about dandelions. The nice
thing about them is, they come, and then with
in a couple weeks they are gone.

Not these. Now, you got to understand, the
King wanted to kill these, but nooooooooo.
I wanted them. With memories of my
childhood in mind, I protested. Remember.
How do you know if you like butter? Do you
remember that as a kid? Hold the flower
under your chin, if it reflects yellow, you
love butter?

Yes, buttercups, is the flower... the flower/
weed from hell. What started as 2 feet by 2 feet
area, has turn into the fields of buttercups on
our lawns, in our flower beds, heading for the
veggie garden...

You know, I think I will sit under the gazebo
sipping lemonade, as my gardener takes
care of my yard...yes, that does seem a
lot better.... now if I can just train myself
to buy the dang lotto ticket.

1 comment:

Rinkly Rimes said...

Dear Word Tosser,
I enjoyed you entry about gardening and I couldn't resist writing a rather naughty poem about it!

I think I'll publish it on Rinkly Rimes this very day!
Brenda(Rinkly Rimes