Wednesday, June 04, 2008

What is up next?

It is all over but the shouting,
I mean, the concession.

But now we head into the really
dirty politics. Not only the
Republican party itself, has shown
over the years, how dirty politics
can be...... But John McCain has
been the butt of that dirty politics
and has learn well. So if he remembers
half of the mud slinged at him, this
will be bloody.

As you know I was and not a Hillary fan.
But I have to give her ...her due. She fought
a long and hard battle. She never folded,
as much as the good old boy system would
have liked.

Even now she is having a hard
time of saying the words. And if she had
left Bill in the closet, (with the public's
love/hate relationship of him, it wasn't
good to have him involved) and really showed
that she had the class that Obama had, with
no low blows, she might have pulled it off.
If she had shown it was for the country and
not her, that it wasn't just for the 30 year old
plan that she and Bill had, she might have
pulled it off.

Now what happens to her? A VP? I surely
hope not. Obama doesn't need two VP's,
and she has showed that Bill comes with
the package, no matter how she protest.
A Cabinet position? Yes, that would be
good, if it was the health department.
Let's see how she can make good of her
promise of better health coverage for all
of us, of all ages.

But if I was Hillary, I would want to stay
where I am. To me, the job of a Senator
is far more powerful than the face jobs
of the Administration. Names like
Sam Rayburn, Johnson, Tip O'Neil, Kennedy,
and so many before them... the backroom
politics of the pass, was far more powerful,
for far more years (some as long as 30)
than a 4 to 8 year President. If power
is where you want to be... then Congress
is your game.

So hang on to your hats, Ladies and Gentlemen,
the next 5 months are going to be hell in the
political game. And we will see if nice guys do
end up last? Because so far, Obama has showed
class. Even being a gentleman, of Teddy's Roosevelt's
iron hand with velvet glove thoughts.

1 comment:

Betty said...

I think I must have been "channeling" you when I wrote my blog today. We are certainly running on the same track. :)