Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Listening to political talk shows

Over the years, I have been more aware, politically.
And this time around with the Presidential choices,
I have really been aware... I have read more articles
on the different candidates when they got down to
the last two on each side.

I have been listening to national radio talk shows
as well some television shows. So far I have not
been able to find one that comes in local here,
that is of the Democratic persuasion. There sure
are a lot of Republican ones though.

And I don't mind listening to them. Because I
want to hear all sides, not just the side I seem
to have chosen this time around. I want to see
if they can change my mind... or at least give
me something to really think about.

But all I hear is anger. Making mountains out
of molehills. Even using bywords like the middle
name of Barack. That has been so old and beaten
down, you would think they would come up with
something better. They seem to like to beat the
same old rug. Nothing new..And definitely rarely
about the real issues. All surface stuff.

So I have gave up on them, they haven't changed
my mind with their ranting. Their chicken little
attitude. They don't seem to like their own
candidate very well either. I wonder what they
are afraid of? One usually gets angry when one
doesn't understand or fears the issue.

Also maybe they could use a little advice. The
same I tell the King when he starts yelling at
the grandson. When you start yelling, no one
is listening.. You get way further and keep the
attention of the people, if you just state the
facts, without raising your voice.

No comments: