Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oil

We hear that the Saudi's are going to send 200,000
more barrels of oil per day. That has a lot of people
excited. And no, gas hasn't gone down because of it.

My question is... kind of the same if we pump oil out
of Alaska or where ever else we can get it within the
USA, that isn't going to be such a big deal.

Why not you ask? Well, have you heard about how
the guys who work at the refinery, are standing around
waiting for oil to come in so they can process it?
Neither have I.

We have old refineries still working. The oil companies
haven't updated or replaced any of them. Until one blows
up. Doesn't it make sense to build more refineries?

So until the guys are standing around waiting for oil to
come in to be processed... then I guess I won't get too
excited.
Now if they talk about how they are going to build more
refineries, then I will be excited. And they better hurry.
It takes years to build and get on line.

No comments: