Monday, December 29, 2008

Parades....

I love parades. Always have.
The floats, the bands, the marching..
Sings to my soul.

But lately watching the parades on
television, it sure takes the heart out
of it.

Be it Macy's or Rose Bowl Parade,
Christmas, you name it and it is ruin.
What I don't like about television parades,
is the talent show. Where or why do we
need some "star" singing, and some dancer's
dancing in the street?

I am here to watch the floats, to hear the bands,
to watch the marchers. NOT listen to Hannah
Montana, or who ever, sing. Why do they
think they need to switch to someone who
we can see any night of the week? And I
get to see the tail end of a float that went
around the corner.

They sure ruin it for me.... so I guess I will
have to stick to the real and live ones locally.

1 comment:

Mari Meehan said...

I agree. These "mini" shows spoil it for me. I used to always watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade in New York but this has spoiled it for me! And I can do without all the inane chatter by the commentators!