Tuesday, June 05, 2012

This and that...

The nation's newest Miss USA
winner is from Cranston R.I..
Olivia Culpo is her name.
Wow.. R.I. can you believe that..
Rhode Island never gets to
win the beauty contest. I don't know
why, as R.I. has a lot of
beautiful women. So many of them.
Portuguese, Italians, Irish
and French women of R.I. are beauties.
Just to name some of them.

But each year they get
passed over. Texas seems to have the
most
winners, and other southern
states rate up high there too... but
northern states don't rate
in the top 10. Idaho won once. I think
Washington state might have.
I don't know if Maine or New
Hampshire has or
Vermont. So for R.I. to finally make it
is wonderful.
Congratulations, Ms Culpo.

Today is year 13 for the
King and I. And it doesn't look like the
weather is going to be any
better. I prayed for sunshine. And we
had it for about an
hour. Then the wind started up, and the
rain
started again. We had our
own waterfall. We had a tarp over the
back deck. And it would fill
up with water, and the wind every so
often would lift the tarp up
and the water would flow to the ground.
Luckily never getting any of
the guest. Which were all in their
winter jackets. We had a large tent (for shade.. LOL... like
that was
going to happen), but
everyone gathered in the living room.
Oh, yea.. we had balloons to
let loose. For some reason the King
wanted to keep them all
together, instead of letting them go
one by one.. They flew up in
the air.... about 10 or 15 feet, over
across the neighbors yard to
the telephone pole and wrapped around
the pole, popping left and
right.....they were there for like a week looking
like a poor man's makeup
job, until the electric company came to cut
them down.

So today's weather doesn't
surprise me.. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
TO MY SWEET KING.. thank you
for putting up with me.. making me
feel like I am your Queen,
even during those days, that I am more like
a witch.. (actually with a
b).

1 comment:

MLove said...

Happy Anniversary, Cis and Ken. Hope you have a great day in spite of the weather.