Wednesday, March 28, 2018

I can't eat that...


I can’t eat that…

As a person who was well known for having a cast iron gut… I am finding out that there now a few things I can not eat.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Mexican food. Can’t think of anything that I have eaten that I did not like in Mexican food.

Even as a teen, my mother use to make her own pizza’s.. and red peppers where plentiful on it. She made BIG pizza’s.  And if there were any left the next day.. we had it for lunch.. and for some reason it felt like they were hotter the second day.  Like they build up over night.

Then my moving to California several years later, that open the door to Mexican food.. I was in my glory.  Jalapeno’s in everything.   I love bacon wrapped cheese filled jalapeno’s.

But in the past 6 months or so.. My body has decided it does NOT like hot Mexican food. One of my most miserable day and night was after eating at one of our local restaurants. I blamed the margarita, as it was a different one than I usually have..  it couldn’t be the food..  Nope..
I was bent in half.. thought something was eating my stomach.. Heart attack maybe..

Since then, I have found out it is the food. Anything acidity.. kills me.. So now it is mild salsa, and jalapeño’s ….good by.. No more cheese stuff ones.  And no more…..  (tears here, now) bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed jalapeños..  (breaking my heart… if it wasn’t for the heart burn) …

Even some spicy spaghetti … and I have eaten good old fashion cook all day… spaghetti sauce since I was able to eat real food. My mother made the best ever.. and no restaurant can come close. I have her recipe..BUT when it comes to the spices.. she wrote.. spice to taste. So far I have not be able to find her taste.. Mine is close.. but hers was so much better… But now.. I have to take it easy on the sauce.  

Life is not fair… I tried to see it as I have had 75 years of spaghetti and 59 years of salsa … so should be happy with that.. but I love it.. I even ate salsa with vanilla (yes over the vanilla) ice cream.. when I was pregnant with my oldest child.. (we joke about why she is the only one with red hair of my kids)




No comments: