Tuesday, April 03, 2018

April, April, April….


April, April, April….

What are we going to do with you April. After the month of March which had what ever weather you wanted..  snow, rain, cold, warm, even a thunder storm.

But then April 1st came along.. with hopes of Spring in the air..  This year.. April 1st was not only April Fool’s Day but also Easter as well. 
And we all woke with great hopes of good food, thanking God for giving his son for a short time.. and sadly taking him away to pay for our sins. And on Easter we celebrate his rising..

But Mother Nature had a different idea.. Instead of giving us a warm Spring day.. with some still hiding Easter eggs..  they had to do it in  SNOW. 

We thought we were done.. but no, Mother Nature says.  And to make sure we understood, she threw some more at us on April 2nd… So is it going to be April that comes in like lion and goes out like a lamb?  Changing to those April showers for May flowers?
April, we understand lots of rain, but we are really sick and tired of snow.  But the good news the snow of these past two days are melting for the most part. Some of the higher levels have hung on to it.

I truly feel sorry for the bulbs that are sticking their noses up thru the dirt in hopes of growing into beautiful flowers..

April is also the start of many birthdays.. Gal pal started it out on April Fool Day, the Kings best buddy, on the 2nd.. and today is Susan our friend, and Danny our grandson..  and then there is the 4th is the King’s birthday… leading to the 5th being mine… and then a niece on the 8th..with two cousins and another great neice on the 14.  Oh, forgot Susan my boss of years gone by and Michael a fellow worker of years gone by, on the 13th, which happen to be my mother’s birthday.. with the 16th being my sister in law Mary’s … followed by the 20th of a fellow worker of the 1959 time.. Judy.. followed by the 22.. the Earth Day birthday girls… Betty K and my baby girl, Jeanette..  There were my uncle and my grandmothers on the 26th I believe.. I have a friend Marianne who can almost match me with April birthdays in her family.   So for anyone I forgot..HAPPY APRIL BIRTHDAY..


No comments: