Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Spoken word v written word….


Spoken word vs written word….

Over the years, I have been accused of being mad when I write a note to someone.. Even at work.   It came up at a meeting.. when one of my bosses, mention that I had wrote an angry note. I asked if she still had it.. she did…   I asked for it.  She got it and handed it to me..  Before I read it, I asked her why she thought I was mad when I wrote it..  She said it just sounded like it… So I held up the note…… and read it.. I read it just matter factly, like I had in mind when I wrote it.
She said.. well, it doesn’t sounds so bad when you read it..  I told her, that was just the way I meant it..   Again, I asked her why she thought I was upset..  Do I have an anger tone to my voice when I usually talk….  She replied, no.   so why would you assume I was mad?

It happens a lot to a lot of us.. I have seen on Facebook where some one will have to explain that they didn’t mean to upset someone.. And that person, explain they were not upset. They were just stating the facts with no emotion in mind.

I once ask … what do I have to do to get across that I am not upset over what I am writing?  Put smiley faces after the sentence or maybe before it?

Does one have to explain?  How they are feeling when they write a note or letter?   Do we assume from a person’s personality that they get upset easy? 

No comments: