Wednesday, June 27, 2018

BULLY=SUICIDE

Bully = Suicide

Why in the 1930-40’s even the 50’s and even maybe
60’s where there wasn’t the number of suicide in teens,
as there are today?  Especially associated with bullying?
And there was bullying in those years. Were we tougher?
Were we raised tougher?  

Was there shame in suicide? I think there was. But even so…  Now with stars and athletics committing brings less shame? Definitely the times were different. Again, did shame   enter the equation? Like mental illness?

In the 1920’s to the 1950’s it was not unheard of a mentally unbalance person to be hid in the home. Kept in a room or and even the attic or those of money were institutionized.  So when one committed suicide the death certificated said something else and no one spoke of it?

But children… 9 years old…11year olds and teens, were unheard of. Because of bullying.. unheard of.  Yes, we had bullying. Many adults in their 50’s to their 80’s will tell you they were bullied. Especially in the cities, it was really hard.
Even country life had their share of bullying.

So other than society being different…. Why are young children .. 9 to 17 committing suicide?  As many as 3 a
School year.. which is 3 too many.  Even with, no bullying campaigns, schools who say they have a “no bullying policy”, no bullying allowed at all. Either don’t have a handle on it or it is out of their hands because it is after school, off
school grounds.  Even with the “you are not alone” campaigns, there is still suicides.

Some are bullied by internet sites. Are parents monitoring their children cell phone/internet use?

I didn’t have internet when I was raising my children. There was no internet nor cell phone.  I count my blesses for that.
But if we could have afforded (which we couldn’t have with as many kids as we had) I think I would be on it (hind sight is easier)  I would have monitored my kids use.  I am paying the bill, so I get to make the rules.  And if I saw my kid being bullied on there. I would shut down their accounts.  If they had cell phones.. they would have been phones only… And guarded on who had that number.  But like I say, easier said. Also a lot of kids are closed mouth about their internet use.  But again monitor your kids use. Shut down what you can. Remember you are paying for the services….. your rules. 

No comments: