Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Do we really know what we are doing?

The people are jumping on the bandwagon.
The cash for clunkers. So many doing the
trade in... some are a little disappointed, but
others thrilled.

Those who are a little disappointed are the ones
who thought they would get a trade in as well as
the government's cash for their clunkers. Being these
vehicles can't be sold, there is no trade in value.

Their idea of clunkers and mine sure is different.
Cadillac's, SUV's and etc. better than any car
I have owned.

I have seen on the news some of the ones that
are heading for the junk yard in Spokane. I had hoped
the parts would be used and not smashed. I know they
are seizing up the engines so they never will run again.
But will they totally smash the car.. The answer I have
been told is yes. They are turned in to 5"x5" squares.

So I have to ask, do we know what we are doing? There
will be few and far between, used cars for those without
money to buy new.

We already ran into that point two years ago, of not being
able to buy a box for a truck my grandson owned. Why?
because the price of metal was out of sight. And the yards
were smashing cars as fast as they could get them in.
Meaning anything older than 2003 was gone. So no parts.

What will happen to those of us in the $20,000 or less income
bracket who won't be able to buy a used car or truck?

I guess my signature at the end of my emails serves me well.


He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things
which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.
~Epictetus

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Cars is a joke our car didn't qualify it made to good gas milage highway was not good around town at all. The engines are going to china after being disabled with a chem. The body parts and other parts can be sold to body shops and junk yards unless they are in real bad shape then they will be sold for metal price. The catalytic converters alone because of the platium in them run a junk yard up to 250 alone when they sell the platuim in them so see they will not all become a square parts will be sold. The law states that the engines can't be resold but if you read the fine print other body panels and parts can junk yard are doing that.

Anonymous said...

It really is a bad deal that all the whole cars are being smashed. I agree, body parts and others would be very helpful to those of us who can not run out and take on a new car payment. Even with the rebates, those cars are way out of my range..