Monday, August 03, 2009

Where are they now???

Now that there is pipl, people search and so many others...out there,
have you Googled or Binged or any of the other searches to find some
one, who you have lost track of over the years?

I tried over the weekend to find such a person. We were foster sisters.
My parents took her in for a short time. She wasn't getting along
with her foster parents and we had been friends for about 3 years.
Many of years of pretending so many things. Pretending we were
putting on a show for which we collected a nickel, only to have to
give it back to the complainers. lol... We protected the neighborhood,
with our special badges and we even had the old school guard type
thing that we put on. It was a white sash that went around your
waist and over your shoulder and held together by the badge.
It was all pretend.

I think Gloria was 14 when she came to our house. My folks had to
go thru all kinds of stuff to get her. Talks with our minister, fire
dept. came to the house to check it out, and police report. But
finally she moved in. She and Mom got along fabulously. They had
art and horses in common. They were best friends. And I became
the "middle child".

The middle child gets blamed for everything. The middle child is
just the right age. See the older child would never do xxxx because
they were too old to do such things. Too mature... And of course the
baby of the family, well, they would never dream of doing such a thing
and would be too small. So the MIDDLE CHILD did it. No matter what
it was. So I was not in the best of favor for a while. That is when I
became mostly a Daddy's girl. He was my protector.

But then Gloria came up with a dandy idea. I was a freshman in high
school and she was in the 10th grade. And she said we could have lots
of fun, skipping school. It went great. We went fishing. (we borrowed
a boat), it went so well, we skipped the next day. And the next...
THEN THE BOOM CAME.. As I was sitting there innocently eating
my breakfast, my mother asked how school had been the past couple
days. I keep my head down, as my face reads like a truth machine.
Fine, I said. That open the door to the tornado called mom. I won't
bored you with the details, but the long and short of it, I became
friends with the strap, I was grounded for the rest of my life, and
Gloria was gone. Which was sad.

So over the weekend, I decided to find my friend, as there were some
great times between those years. So I printed in her name time after
time. I tried her maiden name, as I didn't know her married name.
She had gotten married in Texas, and then divorced. And then moved
to New York. Mom had gotten a letter from her, as she was wanting
to know where I lived. But Mom decided for me, that no good would
come from this... so she waited a few years to tell me.. of course the
letter was gone.

So here we are in the land of computers, where they say you can
find just about anyone. So I printed in her name. Gloria L. Rich.
born in Chepachet, R.I. in November of 1938 or 39. I think she
was just 6 months older than I. Because it seem like I was the same
age as she was for a few months. So that would make it 1939. Just
not positive... so used both years... but nothing came up. There are
zillions of Gloria Rich's but not with the L. The couple that did have the
L were not from New York or R.I. or Texas and not her age.

You know for $40 I could have looked up more... but I am a cheap skate.
And besides I don't trust those sites anyway. So..Gloria L. Rich who was
born in Chepachet, R. I. if you find this blog before I die.. let me know. I
will be able to tell you what town you lived in Texas, and you can tell me
what your youngest sister's name is. I lost contact with her, when she
married and went to Germany with her husband. Also you can tell me
the name of the old foster parents that your sister stayed with. As I know
the answers to these questions..

Maybe if I couldn't find you, you can find me...

Have you ever wonder what happen to a friend from your childhood?

1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

type her name in facebook :)

yep, have often wondered what happened to certain friends from my younger days, the days up until I was 13 and moved schools..... I remember those friends more then the friends I made from 13-15 when I left school.....

maybe I might facebook or google them, but have no idea of any married names.......

x